Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 8 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (25 total posts)

Main content not responsive to mobile

• concepta

said

Im using Razor Theme which I love. I have started on my website and on desktop Im very happy with the look and the layout .. but when I look at it on mobile device the header is great but the main content is all stacked and not looking at all how it should, as on the desktop , also Footer is not good either. Please can you have a look and see where I might fix this Ive been at it for days . http://www.ebonyrose.ie

• jeffw

said

I see you are using an old version of the theme (v1.1.5).

Please update to the latest version of Razor, which is v1.1.9.5 → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/razor/forum/topic/latest-version-razor/

If after updating the theme you still have this issue please let us know and we will work from there.

(I am not saying that updating the theme will necessarily fix this specific problem, but it is always best before you ask for support if you make sure the theme is updated to the latest version currently available. Thanks.)

• concepta

said

Hi @jeffw im not using Vellum , im using Razor theme ? ive not had an issue with responsive content before ?

• jeffw

said

Sorry, I in my haste I posted the wrong text. I’ve corrected my previous post now. If after updating the theme you still have this issue please let us know and we will work from there. Thanks.

• concepta

said

Hi @jeffw I see there is a latest version to razor also but i have no idea about ftp and certainly dont want to go updateing and deleting files while in the middle of building a website . Im not a web developer i just like using wordpress. Ive spent so much time on it. I would be obliged if you could have a look and help me solve this issue without the need to update in the middle of building a site. I hope you can help. im sure its a bit of css or something ive inadvertantly ticked or left out as Ive used this version a good few times and not had responsive issues.

• jeffw

said

The version of the theme you are using is THREE YEARS OUT OF DATE. You need to update the theme in order for it to remain compatible with the latest versions of WordPress. Until you update the theme there is nothing I can do to help you because I don’t know if your problem is being caused by the Razor theme or just by your custom content. If after updating the theme you still have this issue please let us know and we will work from there. Thanks.

• concepta

said

ok …although it has taken me a long time and I have only done the home page as such, I think I will remove the current Razor theme from my website somehow , maybe you can tell me how to remove a theme from my dashboard, appearance, themes? I will then download the current version , unzip file and upload the latest version onto my wordpress site and start again. It wont take me long a second time. I would prefer to do this than start messing around with ftp etc that I know nothing about … will this work for me @jeffw.???? can you tell me how to remove the current theme from my dashboard please

• jeffw

said

There are full instructions for updating the theme here → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/razor/forum/topic/latest-version-razor/

Make sure you follow those instructions exactly. Do not update the theme any other way than described in those instructions. If you do not follow those instructions exactly then you may lose all your theme settings. So make sure you follow those instructions exactly.

If you don’t know to use FTP there is plenty of free help you can get, just google it. ;)

• concepta

said

but can i delete the existing theme and start againwith latest theme. I dont mind losing the design settings etc , they are fresh in my mind and shouldnt take that long … im struggling for time and the instructions about for updating and ftp are a whole new territiry that I dont want to get involved and bogged down in, i would prefer to start again … can you tell me how to delete the theme from my wordpress please

• concepta

said

thanks @jeffw , I know its not the cleverist thing to do and the smart thing to do is try follow your instruction but Im beginning to panic with a deadline approaching and really cant deal with trying to figure out ftp and suchlike. will what I said work … deleting theme , uplading current one etc and starting again??? and finally are my older live websites unaffected ?

• concepta

said

@jeffw did you actually have a look at the mobile version of my site http://www.ebonyrose.ie and see it compared to the desktop? I know its not the latest version but maybe you could at least tell me what I might try to fix it , if indeed it needs fixing … are my images to large? is my layout correct? is there somewhere that I may have restricted the width of the main content ? as the header is perfect? HELP PLEASE

• jeffw

said

I don’t know if your problem is being caused by the old Razor theme or just by your custom content. If after updating the theme you still have this issue please let us know and we will work from there.

While you are at it, you should also update to the latest version of WordPress because the very old version you are using has security vulnerabilities in it.

Thanks.

• concepta

said

ok @jeffw , i have updated to new theme and still have the same issue. My site is not responding as it should to mobile device. I want 2 no 1/2 columns and 4 no 1/4 column layout to show on my mobile device on welcome page . Can you Please can you have a look at my site ebonyrose.ie and tell me whats wrong? please navigate to WELCOME page to view my problems… All my content is stacking , including my footer content. Nothing is appearing in column layout as it should on mobile device. I have an older site headstarthairsalontrim.com which is responsive and looks perfect on mobile device with two columns showing perfectly. My desktop layout is fine.
    this is my design css … maybe there is a problem here?
    #HeaderContent { padding-bottom: 60px !important; }

.top_menu_bar, rgba .top_menu li:hover ul { background-color: #282828; }
    /* same color as above in RGBA for transparency support */
    .rgba .top_menu_bar, .rgba .top_menu li:hover ul { background-color: #282828; }
    .content { background-color: #000000; }
    a {font-size:150%; color: white !important; }

/* Primary font size and color
    ———————————————- */

/* Font color, size and styling */
    body,select,input,textarea {
    color: white !important;
    font-size: 15px; !important;
    line-height: 1.5 !important;
    }

/* make the footer same width as header 960px */
    .footer {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    width: 960px;
    }

/* make navigation bar on mobile phone customised colour */

#MainMenuSelectWrapper, #MainMenuSelectWrapper select { background-color: #282828 }

Thanks

• jeffw

said

The problem is not being caused by the Razor theme, the problem is being caused by the custom CSS you have added. You’ve set the footer container to be a fixed width of 960px and that is way too wide to fit on a phone screen.

NOTE: To include code in your posts such as shortcodes, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP → please follow the instructions on the forum home page.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (25 total posts)