Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 9 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Problem with a contact form’s ”Thank you” message

• igorflor

said

Hello,
    On my site (http://sovereignty.bionomica.ru/contacts/) I use a contact form shortcode “[contact_form]“. The form works well with only one exception: when the “Send” button is clicked, the form doesn’t change to show the “Thank you” message. It stays still with the information filled and additionally a few lines of code appears which means that something is wrong. But despite that the message comes to the addressee successfully. What should be done to make it show the “Thank you” message?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

• jeffw

said

What you are seeing are not errors or warnings, they are notices…

Notice: Undefined index: _R in /www/bionomic/www/htdocs/wp-content/themes/parallelus-razor/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 108
    Notice: Undefined index: _S in /www/bionomic/www/htdocs/wp-content/themes/parallelus-razor/framework/utilities/email-functions.php on line 114

Notices do not affect the execution of PHP in any way, they are just notices. Very often PHP notices mean nothing, i.e. they report issues that are not actually issues. If you don’t want to see these notices then you will need to set WP_DEBUG to false in your ‘wp-config.php’ file. Once you have done that the contact form should work properly. (It is the notices being returned after the form is submitted that is preventing the AJAX script from seeing the “success” string and then displaying the “thank you” message.)

• igorflor

said

Thank you, Jeff,
    I’ve checked the ‘wp-config.php’ file. WP_DEBUG has been set to false. Seems the reason why the contact form doesn’t display the “thank you” message is different. By the way, my site is a multisite. May there be any other ‘wp-config.php’ file?

• jeffw

said

You’ll need to contact your web hosts and ask them why PHP notices are being displayed when you have set WP_DEBUG to false. I don’t know anything about multisite setups, if you need help with that please ask in the WordPress support forum.

It is the notices being returned after the form is submitted that is preventing the AJAX script from seeing the “success” string and then displaying the “thank you” message. Once you have done whatever needs to be done to prevent PHP notices being displayed the contact form should work properly.

• igorflor

said

OK, Jeff, then I’ll contact my web host.
    Thank you for your time.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)
Topic tags: contact form problem