Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Razor: Cutting Edge WordPress Theme

Razor

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 10 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Static block with transparent background

• concepta

said

Im using the Razor theme with a background image. However I want to create a static block with some TEXT for my home page, Iwant this static block to have a transparant background so that the text will appear on the background image…Can anybody please tell me how to get this effect ?

• jeffw

said

Hi, concepta.

The solution will be specific to the situation. If you can post a link to a live web page that displays the issue I’ll be glad to take a look.

• concepta

said

Hi @jeffw … I am only starting the site so apologies for it “patheticness” ( new word!!) ..this is the link : http://headstarthairsalontrim.com/ … i hope you can see what Im trying to achieve . I have split my layout 1/4 , 3/4 … Reall I want my static block on 1/4 container to have a transparemt background so that the TEXT appears as if written on the Static Site Backgound Image … you will see what im trying to explain if you can take a look at the Headstart Mockup Image here http://www.gethelookwebdesign.com/gallery-2/ . Also @jeffw can you advise what is the best size and format for the Static Site Backgound Image

• jeffw

said

Hi, concepta.

Unfortunately what you want to do isn’t possible with the Razor theme. The white background colour is behind the entire #MiddleInner container. You can make that transparent…

#MiddleInner {background-color: transparent !important }

…but then the 3/4 area is also transparent. You can make that specific element have a white background…

#header-general-layout-test_c2_col-3-4_2 {
      background-color: white !important
    }

…but then you have a problem with padding and margins.

With the Razor theme I think it is going to be very difficult for you to get the look you are after. I think you would need to customise quite a lot of the theme’s CSS, and even then I think some of the PHP that generates the HTML would also have to be customised.

• concepta

said

Thanks For your help @jeffw … at least now I know thats its not just a simple bit of CSS that I need to apply … I will have a look at your first option and see what that looks like and take it from there. Its ok if the other 3/4 is transparent too , I think that might work. Thanks again. Can you advise what is the best size and format for the Static Site Backgound Image please?

• concepta

said

Hey @jeffw … Ive just tried your first suggestion and it works a treat :) … Im so happy with it and now have something to work with http://headstarthairsalontrim.com/ thank you again .
    Just now if you can advise on the best size and format for the Static Site Backgound Image please . C

• jeffw

said

I’m not sure what you mean by “Static Site Backgound Image”. But if you can’t find any help for that by searching the forum please start a new topic for that separate issue and we’ll do our best to help you.

We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find answers to your questions by searching this forum, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have. Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)