Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 21 (21 total posts)

Adding layout options on lesson/course pages for Sensei plugin

• jeffw

said

No, we have no alternative email address.

How large was the attachment?

• jeffw

said

We’ve downloaded it. Someone from the support team will take a look as soon as they are able to.

• jeffw

said

@wengriffin

Okay, here’s how to do it.

First, in the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation’ folder make a new folder named ‘sensei’.

Now copy the ‘wp-content/plugins/woothemes-sensei/templates/single-lesson.php’ template into the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/sensei’ folder.

Next copy the ‘wp-content/plugins/woothemes-sensei/templates/single-course.php’ template into the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/sensei’ folder.

Now add the following code to the ‘wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/functions.php’ file…

$single_lesson_template = locate_template('sensei/single-lesson.php');
    register_context( 'Single Lesson Pages', 'sensei_single_lesson', $single_lesson_template);

$single_course_template = locate_template('sensei/single-course.php');
    register_context( 'Single Course Pages', 'sensei_single_course', $single_course_template);

Now in Appearance > Layouts you’ll be able to set a layout to use for Single Lesson pages and Single Course pages.

If you want to be able to set a layout for the related archive pages – i.e. the pages that list all lessons and all courses – repeat the same procedure with the ‘wp-content/plugins/woothemes-sensei/templates/archive-lesson.php’ and ‘wp-content/plugins/woothemes-sensei/templates/archive-course.php’ templates.

Don’t forget that each time you update the theme you’ll need to copy the ‘sensei’ folder into the updated theme folder.

• jeffw

said

Sorry, I’ve no idea at all. And I don’t have this plugin any longer so I don’t think there’s anything much I can help with.

I can tell you that the way Salutation layouts work has not changed in any way since this topic was started.

• jeffw

said

Maybe. But our whole team is fully occupied with major new projects right now so I can’t make any promises.

• jeffw

said

If you want me to help you it is not a fantastic idea to become uber aggressive and make threats about asking for a refund and buying a different theme. All that does is make me want to walk away instead of going that extra mile for you.

I doubt very much if Envato will give you a refund for your extended support license because we are fulfilling the terms of that license, and then some.

Help with installing specific plugins is beyond the scope of theme support. Nevertheless, I will download the plugin and someone from our support team will look at it as soon as they are able to. It may take a while. You will need to be patient.

It may turn out that this plugin is no longer compatible with Salutation. If that’s the case, your only option will be to find a theme that is compatible. If you want to take that route now instead of waiting for someone from our support team to look into it, please let me know.

Viewing post 16 to 21 (21 total posts)
Topic tags: sensei plugin layout sidebar