Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

bbPress topic display issue

• ianmac

said

Hi there.

Just a quick query as I recently updated Salutation parent theme.

WordPress 4.8.2 running Salutation Version: 3.0.16 child theme

ppPress = Version 2.5.14
    BuddyPress = Version 2.9.1

I have found now that our bbPress forum ‘item-container’ topics are hidden and the container is now displayed to the far right of the ‘bbp-topic-wrapper’ column (can see this in Inspector). Interestingly the bbp-reply replies are still visible and inline within the ‘bbp-topic-wrapper’ column.

Do you know if any bbPress support code has changed within the Salutation theme?

Many thanks, Ian

London

• jeffw

said

If you switch to using the parent theme, does the same thing still happen?

There’s a change log file in the “All files & documentation” download from ThemeForest. That will let you know if any code related to bbPress has changed.

• ianmac

said

Changing the theme back to parent theme does fix the problem so I guess the child theme needs an update somewhere. When I get a moment next I will check the log file you refer to.

Thank you!

• ianmac

said

I do not seem to be able to locate the “All files & documentation” in theme forest so I just tried deleting the 2x bbPress files in the the bbPress folder in my child theme (I backed them up). There must be some specific edit in those but I just wanted to see if it would have an effect using the parent files. Unfortunately it has not corrected the issue – will continue on to side by side comparison

• jeffw

said

After you update the parent theme don’t forget to also update the child theme’s ‘assets’ folder with the updated ‘assets’ folder in the parent theme. There is important JavaScript and CSS in that ‘assets’ folder and a child theme will look in its own ‘assets’ folder for that code. It’s important that you remember to always update a child theme’s ‘assets’ folder with the one in the updated parent theme.

With regards to the change log…

- Go to your ThemeForest downloads page.
         - Click the green Download button for the Salutation theme.
         - In the menu that opens select the top option named “All files & documentation” to download it.
         - Once the file has downloaded to your computer, unzip it and it will create a ‘Salutation Theme by Parallelus’ folder on your computer.
         - You’ll find the ‘change log.txt’ file in that folder.

It’s been a long time since we modified any bbPress templates: March 2016, when we added support for bbPress threaded (nested) replies and updated some of our templates for better bbPress compatibility.

• ianmac

said

Checked through the child theme install procedure & everything checked out ok. In the end it turned out to be custom CSS that was interfering with bbPress. Happy days. Thanks again for the help, put me on the right track!

• jeffw

said

No worries. I’m quite used to people thinking any and all issues must be caused by the theme. :D

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)