Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

BuddyPress plugin basically corrupts the site

• dscottfl76

said

Hi,

I have successfully installed the Salutation theme, Slider revolution and demo content but when I go to install Buddypress 2.01 (the latest) there is a conflict and this plugin basically corrupts the site. If I remove the plugin via ftp, the site becomes operational again and the dashboard can be viewed etc. I have tried turning off all other plugins before installing.

I am now at a loss

Any ideas?

• dscottfl76

said

I have also tried BuddyPress 2.0 and still the same thing. I have also tried bbpress 2.5.4

Can someone please get back to me, I purchased this theme because of the community function

• jeffw

said

Please allow up to 24 hours for any response from the support team, possibly longer at weekends.

There are several thousand people happily using the Salutation theme with BuddyPress v2.0.1 and bbPress v2.5.4, so I think that whatever is causing your problem, it is not the Salutation theme.

There isn’t enough information in your post to enable us to diagnose the issue. Exactly what do you mean by “this plugin basically corrupts the site”? Please provide detailed information.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of the theme, which is 3.0.4 → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/salutation-wordpress/forum/topic/latest-version-salutation/

• dscottfl76

said

Hi Jeff,

I have checked and I am using the latest version of Salutation v3.04
    Wordpress 3.09
    BuddyPress 2.01
    Revolution Slider
    WP importer

This is a new site and there is no content. I am starting from scratch.

Tonight I deleted everything and started again to make sure I had not made an errror.

This is what I have done –

Installed Wordpress
    Installed the Salutation Theme
    Installed the WP Importer
    Installed the REQUIRED STATIC BLOCKS
    Installed the Demo Content
    Installed the Revolution Slider Plugin
    Installed the BuddyPress Plugin …..

And this is where it falls over. Once I install the BuddyPress Plugin, I can “view the site” but no longer return to the dashboard at all. It is completely blank. Nothing. If I remove the BuddyPress plugin via ftp, the dashboard is working again.

I really don’t understand where I am going wrong? Happy to provide login details if you want to look at it …

• dscottfl76

said

I just tried this one more time ………… deleted the lot and started again – same thing.

This time I installed the bbpress plugin instead of the buddypress plugin first, same thing.

I am sorry, I don’t mean to sound stupid but it is like there is a conflict as soon as I install either Buddypress or bbpress.
    My dashboard becomes inactive and I cannot view it at all. I can’t logout, it’s a blank page. I have to delete both plugins via ftp to be able to use wordpress at all.

As I said, happy to provide login details for you to take a look …

• jeffw

said

Beats me. We’ve got more than 5,000 customers not having any problems like this and so the problem must be unique to your set up. Have you checked your server error log to see if it contains any clues? If the WordPress admin is white screening then the error log should tell you what error is happening to cause that.

Have you asked your web hosts about this?

• dscottfl76

said

Thanks Jeff, will log a Support Ticket and see what they say

• dscottfl76

said

Hey Jeff,

Got it. Host needed to extend the PHP memory on the account.

Thanks for all your help. Very frustrating!

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)