Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Shortcodes button not working

• mthant

said

Hello
    I hope this is a theme issue..
    …On the text editor, the shortcodes button will only display a blank dialog box. It does not display the list of shortcodes like it used to.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

This sometimes happens after a WordPress update.

The shortcode inserter button doesn’t give you any more options than using the shortcodes themselves, so there is no advantage gained from using it. In fact I know that many users find it faster to copy and paste shortcodes from the documentation (http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-wp/shortcodes/) than to faff about selecting a shortcode from the shortcode inserter and then manually adding, one at a time, any attributes they want to set into the shortcode it outputs.

You should also keep in mind that the WordPress Visual editor doesn’t always work too well with shortcodes, particularly with complex shortcodes, and so it always best when including HTML or shortcodes in your article to switch to the Text editor and stick to using the Text editor for that article.

I’ll start a ticket for this with our development team. Thanks for pointing this out so we can get it fixed.

• mthant

said

Yes, I have been copying and pasting from the documentation and I have been using the text editor. I have few problems with the WordPress updates like unable to find the publish button anymore in Posts although in Pages it will slide out when scroll to the edge.
    Thank you
    Myo

• jeffw

said

Switch to a default WordPress theme, such as Twenty Seventeen for example. If you still have the same problem/issue then it isn’t being caused by the Salutation theme.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: button, shortcodes, text editor