Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

Clear BuddyPresss Members directory page results

• ianmac

said

Dear Support,

We use the BuddyPresss Members Directory Page on our Salutation site (v3.0.16). The ‘Clear’ button that resets the page to the unfiltered view of the Members directory is missing on our install. Do you know if this is a BP hook and if so whereabouts it should be called in the Salutation theme?

Many thanks, Ian

• jeffw

said

I’m sorry, I don’t use BuddyPress so I’m not sure how much help I can be.

I know what the “BuddyPresss Members Directory Page” is, that’s the ‘/members/’ page, yes?

But as for “the ‘Clear’ button that resets the page to the unfiltered view of the Members directory”, I don’t know what that is. I’ve looked at the ‘/members/’ page using a default WordPress theme and I don’t see a ‘Clear’ button so perhaps this is related to an additional plugin you have installed and activated?

• ianmac

said

Thank you, yes it is the /members/ page – do you know if that has a custom template within Salutation that I can make changes to? If so I will have a go at adding my own clear button as you are right – there is no clear button….. my bad!

• jeffw

said

That’ll be the ‘members/index.php’ template in the theme folder.

Keep in mind that if you modify core theme files then each time you update the theme you will need to make all of those modifications again to the updated theme files. If you are going to customise PHP templates it’s best to do that in a child theme because that will make it easier for you to update the parent theme. There are more details about how to create a child theme for Salutation here → http://para.llel.us/support/tutorials/making-a-salutation-child-theme/

• ianmac

said

Thanks once again, top support, this is why I bought Salutation. Mission accomplished have made an update in the child theme which works well.

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)