Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)

Notice: Undefined variable: image in … template-blog.php

• mthant

said

Hi
    These errors are displayed on my blog shortcodes…

Notice: Undefined variable: image in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/template-blog.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined variable: image in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/template-blog.php on line 54
    Myo

• jeffw

said

I’ve told you this before, but you never seem to take any notice of what I tell you. :D

Those are not errors or warnings, those are notices. Notices do not affect the execution of PHP in any way, they are just notices. Very often PHP notices mean nothing, i.e. they report issues that are not actually issues. If you don’t want to see these notices then you will need to set WP_DEBUG to false in your ‘wp-config.php’ file.

I’ll pass on this information to our development team so they can fix these notices in a future theme update.

• mthant

said

Yes, I am aware of that, but according to your response, you have supposedly fixed those notices in Salutation 3.0.16.
    That’s why I am just letting you know.

• jeffw

said

Those specific notices are documented as fixed in Salutation v3.0.16. Are you sure you have updated the theme properly?

Can you post a link to a live web page that displays the issue so I can check out a few things?

• jeffw

said

Just so you know, for all our themes we make tickets for PHP notices as and when we notice them, or when someone reports them. These kind of tickets are labelled as low priority and we generally look at tickets like this when we run out of higher priority things to do. So, in a nutshell, PHP notices that are reported to us, or ones that we find, will get fixed at some point, but they won’t get fixed immediately, not even slightly immediately. So if you don’t want to see PHP notices you will need to set WP_DEBUG to false in your ‘wp-config.php’ file.

• jeffw

said

Thanks. But on what page can I see the PHP notice?

• mthant

said

Sorry, I saw it on the Post page. Select “Your Thoughts…”. You can also select the “Home page” where the blogs are.
    Thanks,
    Myo

• jeffw

said

I don’t see any PHP notices on the “Your Thoughts” page…

• mthant

said

Jeff
    I have turned on the notices.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

Thanks.

So from what I can tell it looks like in this happens when in Settings > Blog Settings you set the Images on blog lists option to “No”?

• mthant

said

Yes. I just changed to “yes” on both images and featured image in the blog settings but the notices are still there.
    In addition, I don’t know if you notice, in the header section there is a notice stating “undefined index:class” in layout-and-design.php.
    The program is functioning ok so far.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

Actually those are different notices.

Thanks for the additional info, I’ll pass it on to our development team.

As I’ve said before, PHP notices are not errors, they do not affect the execution of PHP in any way, they are just notices; messages from the developers of PHP to coders to let them know how changes in the PHP program itself are affecting their code.

Set WP_DEBUG to false in your ‘wp-config.php’ file and you won’t see the notices.

Viewing post 1 to 14 (14 total posts)
Topic tags: blogs, erros, posts, shortcodes