Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)

(solved) JS conflict with Event Espresso Plugin Calendar

• studioleland

said

What’s going on:
    Some kind of js conflict which is breaking all js on pages with the ever popular Event Espresso calendar shortcode.

I can’t seem to find the conflict but have posted the link to the development site:
    http://reconnection.co/events/calendar-overview/

You will see this js error denoting a jquery conflict somewhere:
    $jaer(“#espresso_calendar”).fullCalendar is not a function….

Please assist with this conflict if possible as this is a very popular event management plugin.

• andy

said

There won’t be any issues like jQuery loading twice unless a plugin isn’t using “wp_enque_script”. The theme follows best practices and this is a beginner mistake.

They reference MooTools on that page but I guess that was being loaded by another plugin? The calendar seem to use jQuery also (as does the theme) so this isn’t likely the problem.

Can you send me login details for your site so I can get past the maintenance screen?

• studioleland

said

@andy

Happy to do so. Where should I send that? Using the TF author email box? Your BP profile here doesn’t show an email address and I can’t seem to find the BP messaging feature here (most likely you have it disabled?). Thoughts?

Thanks

• studioleland

said

I’ve discovered that the plugin includes the actual Fullcalendar.js library file in the footer with wp_footer(). For some odd reason nothing is being output with the wp_footer() in this theme. Any ideas why it would output nothing? This works seamlessly in the default WP theme and many other themes I have used.

• andy

said

wp_footer() is there. I load half the theme JS files through that function and after looking at your page I see that it is getting called and loading the theme scripts as well as some plugin scripts.

I do need a little more information if possible. What page or area am I suposed to be looking at? I didn’t see anything labeled “Event Espresso” and from what I could tell the “Events” page was working.

• studioleland

said

Right,

So we are just looking to execute the Fullcalendar.js script which renders a nice calendar of the Event Espresso managed events. The only important page is the one with the calendar shortcode on it: http://reconnection.co/events/calendar-overview/. We should be seeing a calendar that takes up the other 3/4 of that page. Only I get the js error and that kills all of the js on that page. Here is an example of that you should be seeing there: http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/.

The reason the wp_footer() caught my attention was I do not see the calendar script being included in the footer as it should be. On other themes you would see this inclusion in the footer: …./wp-content/plugins/espresso-calendar/scripts/fullcalendar.min.js?ver=3.2.1

• andy

said

Sorry, you gave me this link before… start of the thread, duh! I’m losing my mind. :)

• studioleland

said

Hah, believe me I appreciate your support. I’ll be glad to help you support your TF followers in this forum as much as possible once you launch it. I’m normally quite good with WP bugs.

• andy

said

I didn’t know this used FullCalendar. I’ve actually worked with that extensively. I did a major integration with a custom CMS. I’ve also spoken with the creator Adam Shaw (a freaking genius this guy) on a few occasions and provided some massive blocks of code for feature updates like a full screen mode, hover tool-tips with event details and an undo option (small box that appeared on bottom right after deleting, etc.). That was almost 2 years ago. I think it was v1.4.x and it’s up to v1.5 now I think.

Actually, I’m using Adam’s “TI” (Template Inheritance) PHP code in the Salutation framework :)

• studioleland

said

Any reason why the wp_footer() inclusion would fail? That seems to be missing link here I believe. You can see the shortcode dumps the calendar init call onto the page as expected.

• andy

said

Give me a bit to look into this and I’ll figure something out. I’m digging into it now. Is there any way I can access the plugin code to see how it includes itself into the theme?

• studioleland

said

Sure, let me know what you need. Feel free to browse the basic code via plugin editor otherwise I can send it to you or post it somewhere? Like piratepad.net?

Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)
Topic tags: calendar conflict, compatibility, EE, js conflict