Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Number buttons on blog page

• mthant

said

While reviewing the salutation demo again, I notice that in the Blog 3 column demo, you have an interactive button that allows user to select page 1,2, or 3. Is there a shortcode for that kind of button, or do you use javascript or just link each number to a page?

• jeffw

said

That’s the standard pagination element that is displayed when there are more posts to display than you have specified in the [blog] shortcode.

The [blog] shortcode is documented here → http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-wp/shortcodes/blog/

Use the posts_per_page attribute to specify how many posts per page you want displayed, use the paging attribute to specify whether you want pagination or not.

• mthant

said

I looked at the shortcodes blog. It is for the blog. Does it work also for pages?

• mthant

said

I looked at the shortcodes blog. It is for the blog. Does it also work for pages? What I mean to say is that I have created a table which is too long for one page. So I divided that into 3 pages and created “Previous” and “Next” buttons to move from one page to another which is not really efficiently and smooth like yours.

• jeffw

said

If you have a lot of content that you feel is too much for a single page then you can use the WordPress page-link tag <!––nextpage––> to paginate the content.

This is not a theme issue, this is a WordPress issue. i.e. It would not matter what theme you happen to be using, you’d have the same issue.

If you need more help with this issue please search the internet for “wordpress split long page content” and similar, or, as this is a WordPress issue, you can ask for help in the appropriate WordPress support forum. → http://wordpress.org/support/

Please try to keep in mind that in this forum we can help only with issues that are directly related to the Salutation theme.

Thanks.

• mthant

said

Thanks. Sorry, it is difficult to figure which is related to the theme and which to WordPress.

• jeffw

said

Switch to a default WordPress theme, such as Twenty Seventeen for example. If you still have the same problem/issue then it isn’t being caused by the Salutation theme.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)
Topic tags: button, interactive, interactive button, select button