Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Notice: Undefined variable: columnsClass in … shortcodes.php

• mthant

said

While I am working on the codes that you have suggested for pricing column (see Modifying pricing table topic) and adding some CSS features and testing together with the blog post shortcode, the following PHP errors showed up (although the program seems to be working).

Notice: Undefined variable: columnsClass in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/shortcodes.php on line 555

Notice: Undefined variable: image in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/template-blog.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined variable: image in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/template-blog.php on line 54

I looked at the code they were ok, but the errors showed up while I was testing using different parameters.

Here is the CSS code that I wrote:
    .two-column-table .price-column { width: 48%;
    }
    .two-column-table .price-column.even-column { margin-left: 4% }
    .price-column.column-title {
    background-color:#f4eded;
    font-size:1.2em;
    }
    .price-column{
    background:#eaeef7;}
    .price-column:hover{
    cursor:pointer;
    cursor:hand;
    transform:scale(1.1); }

.price-column.first-column{ background: #daeef7; }
    .price-column.even-column { background:#daeef7;}
    .price-column.last-column { background:#daeef7;}

Here is the HTML code:

[blog category="26" posts_per_page="1" paging="false" post_content="excerpt" excerpt_length="50" show_date="true" comments_link="true" read_more="Read more..."]

[pricing_table columns="2"]
    [pricing_column title="CTCAE"]

Complete National Cancer Institute’s Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events 4.03 is available for quick reference
    [button_link url=""]Select[/button_link]

[/pricing_column]
    [pricing_column title="Treatment Protocols"]

More than 700 up to date protocols are available for quick reference.
    Protocols are updated monthly

[/pricing_column]
    [pricing_column title="Dose Modification"]

Dose modification module allows you to modify drug dose in patients with hepatic or renal impairment.

[/pricing_column]
    [pricing_column title="Journal Abstracts"]

Read current abstracts of more than 27 oncology journals

[/pricing_column]
    [/pricing_table]

<!–

Treatment Protocols

Hello World

Dose Modification

Hello World!

Hello World!

Hello World!

Hello World!

• jeffw

said

First, and this is very important, to include code in your posts such as shortcodes, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP → please follow the instructions on the forum home page.

If you don’t do that then your code goes through the WordPress filters that changes things like hyphens into dashes and quotes into curly (smart) quotes. And that causes huge problems when copying and pasting code.

So please follow the instructions on the forum home page if you want to include code in your posts.

Thanks.

Now to your question…

Those are not errors or warnings, those are notices. Notices do not affect the execution of PHP in any way, they are just notices. Very often PHP notices mean nothing, i.e. they report issues that are not actually issues. If you don’t want to see these notices then you will need to set WP_DEBUG to false in your ‘wp-config.php’ file.

• mthant

said

Thanks Jeff.
    I did watch and follow the instructions as per video instruction on the home page.
    As long as I am not affecting the PHP code (since I do not know PHP) and if you say they are just notices I am fine.
    I thought I have the latest theme but will check.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

If you need to include code in your posts, please wrap the code in the appropriate tags. Like this for example…

<pre>[blog category="26" posts_per_page="1" paging="false" post_content="excerpt" excerpt_length="50" show_date="true" comments_link="true" read_more="Read more..."]</pre>

So that it appears in your post like this…

[blog category="26" posts_per_page="1" paging="false" post_content="excerpt" excerpt_length="50" show_date="true" comments_link="true" read_more="Read more..."]

Like it says on the forum home page…

With regard to the notices, I know for a fact that at least one of the notices you reported in your original post was fixed in Salutation v3.0.15, so I think you must be using an old version of the theme.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)
Topic tags: PHP, pricing column, shortcode, transition