Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

BuddyPress registration form password fields

• ianmac

said

If anyone has had experience of configuring the supplied user registration form so that the submitted passwords are used I would very much like to learn more i.e. my current registration tests result in the password fields being ignored and a random password still generated.

If this is buddypress config then apologies

• jeffw

said

Hi, ianmac.

When you have an issue that has something to do with the BuddyPress plugin, before posting here please switch to using a default WordPress theme to see if the issue goes away or not. If the issue is still there then it means that the issue is not related to the Salutation theme and so we can’t help with that issue in this forum.

From your description this issue sounds like it doesn’t have anything to do with the Salutation theme, but please try the above test and let me know.

• ianmac

said

To me it would fall under ‘Integration’ but never mind I’ll figure it out.

• jeffw

said

Hi, ianmac.

The Salutation theme doesn’t control in any way whatsoever any registration or login/logout processes, that is all handled by WordPress and, in the case of registration, the BuddyPress plugin.

If the issue goes away when you switch to using a different theme then it might be related to the Salutation theme and we will be glad to look into it. Otherwise, it’s a BuddyPress issue.

• ianmac

said

I did as you suggested and switched to Twenty Thirteen theme and had the same issue – so I will go to BuddyPress forums. Thanks

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)
Topic tags: passwords