Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)

Responsive updates to Salutation are ready for testing!

• andy

said

We have an early beta of the Salutation update with responsive functionality added. I have not even tested this yet so we’ll be looking at it together for the first time. If you would like a copy just email me at salutation-beta@parallelus.net and I’ll send it over.

I’m excited too!

• josefbsharah

said

that’s some great news . Thank you for developing further

• hitch

said

Wow! I definitely thought it will never be done. This is a very nice move!

• veeboi9

said

Hey @andy..
    could you give us an idea when the update will be out ?
    cant wait :)

• andy

said

@veeboi9 It’s closer than you think :)

Next week, Tuesday the 17th, is the 2 year anniversary of Salutation. I’m trying to time the release for that date. Right now there is no reason we won’t be able to make that happen, unless some crazy bug pops up over the weekend that we just can’t fix. As of now everything is working great.

We’ve made a few small updates and fixes since the initial Beta release related to responsive features. I’m going to dedicate my weekend (the part that belongs to me and not the wife and kids) to testing and tweaking styles for Salutation v3 to get it even more ready.

There is another big surprise we haven’t told anyone about which should be included in the Tuesday release. I have more work to do before I can know for certain it can be ready at the same time, but right now I’m extremely optimistic. If you happen to spot it on the development demo (linked below) please don’t spoil it for everyone else. ;) It will be our secret.

There is a temporary demo site running the Salutation v3 update for anyone looking to see it in action. We welcome you to hammer away at it, scour the pages and find the things we’ve missed and need updating. Post back here with any bugs or issues you find and we’ll do our best to make sure everything get’s updated for the big release. You might notice we have switched this demo to the latest versions of WP and BP as well as updating the forums to use the default bbPress feature for BP Groups. That’s been available for a while but not reflected on the demo.

The temporary v3 demo can be tested here: http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-responsive/

Thanks!

• jeffw

said

@andy

On the temporary demo site the BuddyPress menu link is to the old V2 pages, not to the new V3 responsive pages.

And the Incredible Shrinking Login Popup Window bug is still there.

• andy

said

@jeffw

Yes, any hard coded links will be like that. I’m not taking the time to update those because in a couple days this site will replace the one hosted at the current live demo. The URL’s will be correct again when the site moves. It seems unnecessary to change them all just to change them back. I should have mentioned that though.

• jeffw

said

All the menu links are to http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-responsive/whatever except the BuddyPress menu link. If anyone wants to see a responsive Salutation and BuddyPress right at this moment they need to go to http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-responsive/activity/ I think most of the BuddyPress related links on the home page also go to the V3 pages. It’s only the BuddyPress menu link that goes to the V2 pages. Just trying to look ahead and save some support time. :D

• andy

said

@jeffw

Remember how BuddyPress didn’t use pages in the past but had all these areas of it’s own? Back when the demo was first built the only way to link to these areas was to create a custom menu item. That’s why that one was pointing directly to the full URL of the activity. I didn’t think it was worth the time to update it since it’s going to be exactly the same when the site switches, but I’ve fixed it for you. :)

• andy

said

@mt78

This update is specific to the responsive functionality. We’ll look at that as soon as we can because it’s already on our list of issues. It’s in the queue and we’re working as fast as we can so keep those pants on. ;) We appreciate the patience.

• ekpe

said

@Andy. Wow!! i had actually given up this for a while, i just decided to check and see if there’s any update by any chance, and just what i’ve been looking for. A responsive update for Salutation. Thanks Andy and the team. I’m sending you an email right away.

• andy

said

Today is the 2 year anniversary of Salutation and I’m really excited to get this published!

I’m doing some finishing touches on the new demo website and just 3 more items on my check list that will probably take half a day. After that I’m packaging up the new version and uploading it. The update could be available as early as this evening so watch your email (or if you follow us on Twitter) for an update when the files go live.

Oh, and the special surprise is also finished. :)

• jefffree

said

Congratulations, Andy. Salutation was amazing then and even more so now. The addition of that ‘surprise’ is fantastic. My absolute favorite theme developer!

Viewing post 1 to 15 (21 total posts)