Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Fatal error with RT Media plugin

• cyruskoe1

said

Cannot get RT Media to work at all.
    Tried a clean install of Salutation theme and added only Buddypress 2.9.2, bbpress 2.4.14 and RT Media 4.4.4 plugins.
    Pressing the “Media” tab on the buddypress profile page returns a blank page with the following error:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_member() in /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/template-engine.php:102 Stack trace: #0 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): rtmedia_main_template_include(‘/home3/thecrewl…’, ‘/home3/thecrewl…’) #1 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘/home3/thecrewl…’, Array) #2 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/routers/RTMediaRouter.php(166): apply_filters(‘rtmedia_main_te…’, ‘/home3/thecrewl…’, ‘/home3/thecrewl…’) #3 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): RTMediaRouter->template_include(‘/home3/thecrewl…’) #4 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘/home3/thecrewl…’, Array) #5 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(73): apply_filters(‘template_includ…’, ‘/home3/thecrewl…’) #6 /home3/thecrewl/public_html/w in /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/template-engine.php on line 102
    Any suggestions as to how to fix this, or suggestions of alternatives to RT Media? Thanks.

• jeffw

said

So we can see the wood for the trees, here’s the actual error message without all the stack traces…

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bp_is_member() in /home3/thecrewl/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/template-engine.php:102

This is telling us that a theme file (‘framework/theme-functions/template-engine.php’) has made a call to the BuddyPress function bp_is_member(), and it says that function has not been defined.

My guess is that the good people who develop BuddyPress have removed this function from it.

I searched the internet for this error message and I eventually discovered that the bp_is_member() function has been deprecated for ages. I expect we never bothered to change it in our code because it just kept working.

Apparently, nowadays the bp_is_user() function should be used instead.

So open the ‘framework/theme-functions/template-engine.php‘ file and on line 102 you’ll see the following line of code…

if( bp_is_member() ) {

Change it to this…

if( bp_is_user()) ) {

Save and upload.

Please let me know if this helps.

• jeffw

said

Great! Thanks for following up.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)