Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 23 (23 total posts)

Salutation v2.0 – BETA

• andy

said

@kryvulena

Some of the Custom Post Types (CPT) will still work. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to add backwards compatibility and there are several functions that attempt to detect and display these custom theme pages where you might have used our work around to call the $context function. My suggestion is to try it with those files unchanged. If it works great. If it doesn’t you can adjust the files needed by simply reverting to how they would be in a default WP install. Add the content back to the “{name}-archive.php” or “{name}-taxonomy.php”, etc. files and delete the “template-{context}.php” file. That is part of the upgrade documentation I have yet to write.

@49ideas

I’m not seeing this. Can you post a screen shot?

@prokoudine

If repeating background images are not working, you are probably not getting them completely setup properly. If you notice there is an option for the default to be used. Please follow the path (up stream) for the background image setting and make sure all of the parent objects have a setting applied or are set to default. We’ve had that background image thing fixed for almost a year now so I’m quite confident that it isn’t a bug, rather a setting on your setup.

I just ran across a small issue with the update. I have no idea what I did, but I can’t get any BuddyPress or bbPress theme areas to show up. I’m rolling back my updates to last week trying to figure it out before I send out any more copies. If you sent a request over the last 3 days for the beta, this is why you didn’t get it yet. I just this morning was packaging it with some of the latest little fixes to send out and this weird issue popped up. It might just be something weird on my local install. In a few hours I should have it solved and I’ll send everyone waiting on the beta a copy at that time.

I appreciate everyone showing the interest in the responsive functionality and pledging support. It isn’t a question of money, I’m sure if I added this feature it would increase the sales. I simply do not have time right now. Some of the dynamic features like blog posts with variable widths for images, the same for portfolios and the headers and footers with the custom backgrounds and more make it a challenge to apply responsive features. It all stems from the layout manager ability. Most themes have predefined sizes for the blog, the portfolio items, etc. In Salutation these are variables defined by the user. That makes it very hard to dynamically modify them. Also, we need a way to determine what columns are shown/hidden at the mobile/tablet/desktop level which means adding custom options into the layout manager. All this adds up to a lot of time, especially in the testing phase. I can easily see this taking my full time for 3 weeks, probably more, and I do not have that time to devote right now. I am keeping this in mind for a later update and maybe once some of my other obligations have been taken care of I can get this next update done.

Please keep the feedback coming. Thanks.

• kryvulena

said

Hi Andy

Thanks for fast reply. I will do so – if any issues occur, will report it to help with the plugin development. Glad to help, if I could! So far – everything works smoothly. Greetings!

• andy

said

I was able to work out all the issues from earlier today. Turns out it was something odd with bbPress and BuddyPress both being installed then having one disabled… I don’t know. Those two plugins still have a lot to work out in their “integration” if you want to call it that. Regardless, a clean install get everything back to how it should be and no problems with the theme so we’re back on track. :)

• Steve

said

@mushin – this is not related to Salutation 2.0, please create a new thread.

• stef78

said

@andy You’ve got mail. I’d love to set up a new version.
    Thanks for the hard work!

• paul12045

said

Just sent you a mail. i cant wait to try it out.

• andy

said

The full version has been uploaded to ThemeForest and is awaiting review. As soon as it’s live I’ll post a notification here on the forum, Twitter and the email alerts.

If you were waiting for the beta you can download the final version in just a few hours. Thanks.

Update: The full Salutation v2.0 is now available for download. See the release thread for details:
    http://para.llel.us/support/groups/salutation-wordpress/forum/topic/salutation-v2-0/

Viewing post 16 to 23 (23 total posts)