Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)

Shortcodes and theme editor error

• okpeanuts

said

Hello,

I have updated the theme to v3.0.16, i found few issues with shortcodes used in pages and Themes Editor section,

Shortcodes
    Shotrcodes used in pages like [blog post] [sidebars] [buttons] etc after clicking on update on any changes the page shows error like “Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_page_content() in /home/bumbl4/public_html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/shortcodes.php on line 891″ however the changes are done successfully it is just i need to hit back button every time in the browser,

Theme Editor
    I see completely blank on theme editor though i see all the pages section on the right side however when i select another theme it does shows me the editor section but not for the salutation,

http://www.bumblebeetennis.com here is my site,

Thanks,
    Ryan

• jeffw

said

We are not experiencing any problems after the v3.0.16 theme update, which was published back in July. No one else has reported any problems like these. I’ll need to look into this and get back to you when I know more.

• jeffw

said

@okpeanuts

I’ve tested Salutation thoroughly and I can’t replicate the problems you are having. My best guess is that your problems are being caused by a corrupted or incomplete install of the theme, or perhaps by a plugin conflict.

So to begin troubleshooting this issue let’s try reinstalling the theme. This is the exact procedure to follow when reinstalling or updating Salutation…

- Download the latest version of the Salutation theme from ThemeForest (the “Installable WordPress file only” option).
         - Unzip the file you downloaded from ThemeForest to create a ‘parallelus-salutation’ folder on your computer.
         - Use FTP to delete the ‘parallelus-salutation’ theme folder on your server.
         - Use FTP to upload the new ‘parallelus-salutation’ theme folder from your computer to your server.
         - To update the Slider Revolution plugin use FTP to delete the ‘wp-content/plugins/revslider/’ folder on your server. Salutation will then prompt you to install the plugin again. After you install the plugin again you will have the version that is included with the theme update. (If you are not prompted to install Slider Revolution go to Appearance > Install Plugins and you can install it from there.)

Please don’t reinstall or update the theme any other way, please follow the instructions above exactly. If you do not follow these instructions exactly then you may lose your theme settings, i.e. they could all revert to the default settings.

It is important that you download the theme again from ThemeForest because it has been known for zip files to become corrupted in transmission.

It is also important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-salutation’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one. If you don’t do this you could end up with a theme folder with missing files and a mixture of templates from older and newer versions of the theme, and that can cause problems.

So it is very important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-salutation’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one.

Do not have multiple Salutation theme folders in ‘wp-content/themes’, that alone can cause unpredictable problems. If you feel the need to store old versions of the theme, either download them to your computer and store them there, or move them to another location on your server. When I need to do this I create a ‘backups’ folder in ‘wp-content’.

After reinstalling, remember to refresh your browser’s caches so that it’s not using cached versions of the theme’s CSS and JavaScript files…
         → http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Please give that a try, and if you still have this problem afterwards let us know and we’ll work from there.

• okpeanuts

said

Hi Jeffw,

Yes you are right it is conflicting with one of our very important plugin “Yoast SEO” how can we resolve this?

Thanks,
    Ryan

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks. Let me look in to this further and I’ll get back to you when I know more.

• jeffw

said

Our development team has got back to me about this. They say that the problem seems to be a conflict in the structure of the theme with recent updates to Yoast SEO, and we can’t fix it without a major overhaul to the theme. The only solution currently will be to disable the plugin. I’m sorry I didn’t have better news for you.

• jeffw

said

Scratch the above post.

Our development team didn’t understand that the fatal error only happens with some of our shortcodes. Now that they understand that some shortcodes work but others cause that fatal error they say they can look into that.

• okpeanuts

said

Thanks, the theme editor window is also not working for salutation theme, please also check into that as well,

• jeffw

said

What do you mean by “the theme editor”? I’m not familiar with that term.

• okpeanuts

said

When i click on Editor under Appearance i see blank page for Salutation theme but when i change the theme i do see the editor page.

• jeffw

said

That’s a core feature of WordPress, it isn’t controlled by the Salutation theme. I’ve just checked this on my Salutation Sandbox site and it is working okay, so I don’t know why it isn’t working for you.

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

• okpeanuts

said

Hi, I have two sites using Salutation theme, both are same unable to use theme editor, i have disabled all the plugins one of my site and below are the login details please check it and let me know what can be the issue,
    [login credentials removed by admin for security reasons]

Thanks

• jeffw

said

You’ve got a JavaScript happening on that settings page…

That’s almost certainly the cause of the editor not working. You’ll need to figure out what is causing that JavaScript error. It’s not the Salutation theme. I know that because I cannot replicate this issue on my Salutation sandbox site and none of the 5,000+ other people using Salutation have reported this issue. It’s only you, so that means the cause is unique to your set up.

Try reinstalling the theme following the instructions I posted earlier in tis topic. → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/salutation-wordpress/forum/topic/shortcodes-and-theme-editor-error/#post-91313

Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)