Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

CSS for tables not working

• mthant

said

Hello
    I am using CSS to stylize a table using customizer. However, I found that some such as “padding” and “text-align” do not work. I talked to wordpress and they told me it depends upon the themes. I tested “test-align” in twenty-seventeen and it works. Do you know why it doesn’t work in salutation.

table{
    border: 5px solid red;
    background:beige;
    }

th{
    border:3px solid green;
    padding:10px 10px;
    background:orange;
    color:white;
    text-transform:uppercase;
    height:4em;
    vertical-align:middle;
    text-align:center;

}

Myo

• jeffw

said

I’m not sure why your CSS isn’t working in Salutation. There are some pricing tables in Salutation that we style quite heavily so maybe those styles are overriding yours? It may be that you need to use unique class names with your table related tags and then target your tables with more precise selectors.

Strictly speaking, how to style tables with CSS is beyond the scope of theme support, but you should be able to find plenty of free help with that elsewhere.

Let me Google that for youhttp://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+style+tables+with+css

If the CSS is too much for you, there are a few WordPress plugins that help you to build fancy looking tables.

If you can show me the issue on a live web page I’ll gladly take a look. I cannot really help with specific custom CSS tweaks unless I can see the issue on a live web page.

Thanks.

NOTE: To include code in your posts such as shortcodes, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP → please follow the instructions on the forum home page.

• mthant

said

It works when I use a unique class and targeted with precise selectors. Actually, I am testing CSS on a non-connected page on my current MEHSA.org website before I purchase another separate salutation for my next website that uses a lot of tables.
    If you want to look at it I can create a temporary menu on MEHSA.org.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

So this issue is resolved then?

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)
Topic tags: css, customizer, themes