Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Text shadow does not work in slider content

• sdgicindy

said

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to figure out what’s going on here but I can’t seem to find an answer myself… In my slider text, I’m trying to add text shadows to help it appear better on images. But for some reason, when I go into the Slide Show settings and add “text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #fff !important;” in the content box, I’m not getting any result. In the inspect element window, I can see it is rendering without being overruled, and yet the effect still doesn’t show on the text itself.

All the other style code I have in there seems to be rendering fine, for example different colors. It’s just the text shadow. Am I doing something quite obviously wrong? I’m a bit puzzled. Hope someone can help….. Thank you!

*URL is http://rescareusa.wpengine-com

• jeffw

said

Don’t use Salutations’s old inbuilt slideshow feature (Appearance > Slide Show), that feature is only still in the theme for backward compatibility purposes, i.e. it is deprecated and no longer supported.

Instead, please use the included Slider Revolution plugin.

If you need it, the Slider Revolution documentation is here → https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/

• sdgicindy

said

Oh, duh! Thank you jeffw, so much better now.

*Side note, I didn’t mean to post twice, the first time I posted there was an error, so I tried again. I guess they both posted but I couldn’t figure out how to delete one of them. My apologies.

• jeffw

said

No worries.

If there is anything else about the ~Salutation theme itself you need help with, please just let us know. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for each separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)