Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 3 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 11 (11 total posts)

(solved) Weird characters showing instead of avatar with BuddyPress 1.6

• normn

said

@jeffw How do I update? I can’t do it from within WordPress?

Under WordPress is says “All themes are up to date.”

• jeffw

said

You need to download the theme again from your ThemeForest account. Themes purchased via ThemeForest can’t be updated from within WordPress.

• normn

said

@jeffw is there a guide/article or documentation on updating the theme after downloading the theme files from themeforest to update?

Thanks for the quick reply.

• jeffw

said

Unzip the file that you download from ThemeForest. In the folder that is created look for the file named theme-salutation-v1.5.1.zip and unzip it. Use an FTP application to upload the contents of the parallelus-salutation folder to the wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/ folder on your web server, overwriting the folders and files of the same names.

Note that there is likely to be a 1.5.2 theme update uploaded to ThemeForest later today.

• normn

said

Sorry @jeffw but If I replace the files through FTP, would I lose the customization I have made so far, colours, logo etc?

• jeffw

said

If you have made changes to the core theme files then after updating the entire theme you will need to apply those changes again to those files. Alternatively, you can look at the change log.txt file and upload only those files that are documented as having changed since whatever version of the theme it is that you are using. If you have modified any of those files, again you will need to make the customisations to those files after updating.

• normn

said

Thanks, I updated the template to version 1.5.1 and it indeed fixed the issue.

Viewing post 1 to 11 (11 total posts)
Topic tags: Avatar, buudypress