Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

After WordPress v4.9 update, top tab button visible but won’t load form

• bastiaan100

said

Upgraded to WP 4.9 – now have an issue with a top tab for login. The button is visible but won’t load to login form. Is this a know error? I will look further..might be a conflicting plugin or something..

• jeffw

said

I’m not sure what you mean. If you can post a link to a live web page that displays the issue I’ll gladly take a look.

• ianmac

said

@bastiaan did you resolve the issue with #TopPanel? Having taken the latest WP update I have a similar issue with the TopPanel vertical expansion i.e. it does not open fully and the login form is not displayed. Have worked through deactivating plugins and I currently can not resolve it.

It’s on hompage for mallardplace.org.uk

• jeffw

said

@ianmac

If you look at the browser source of your home page you’ll see that both of the top tabs containers are devoid of content, and that is why they both only open just a little bit…

In the above screenshot the yellow shaded area is highlighting the content of the Sign In tab. There’s nothing in it except an empty div.

If I manually edit the URL in order to view the ‘tab-sign-in’ and ‘tab-register’ static blocks, again I see no content…

→ https://mallardplace.org.uk/static_block/tab-sign-in/
         → https://mallardplace.org.uk/static_block/tab-register/

So check the static content for both tabs.

If your tab code is in the HTML Content area, move it to the main article editor. i.e. Select all the code in the HTML Content area and cut it to the clipboard, then click the Text tab for the main article editor, paste in the code from the clipboard and click the Update button. Do the same for both static content blocks.

• jeffw

said

@bastiaan100

Same for you, check your static blocks. If your tab code is in the HTML Content area, move it to the main article editor. i.e. Select all the code in the HTML Content area and cut it to the clipboard, then click the Text tab for the main article editor, paste in the code from the clipboard and click the Update button. Do the same for both static content blocks.

• ianmac

said

@jeffw – spot on – that was the issue. Copied from HTML Content area to Text content field. This appears to have restored the Sign In and Register tab content (albeit the username and password fields alignment is out). So will I need to do the same to all the other Static Block types? Any idea why updating WP has caused this?

Many thanks, Ian

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks.

If you have content in any other HTML Content area, move it into the main article editor.

The alignment issues are most likely being caused by WordPress automatically inserting break and paragraph tags where they are not wanted.

You can fix this by bringing your code for the form half of the tab all on to one line. Like this for example…

[one_half]<h1>Members' Sign In</h1><p>Sign in to begin browsing the members' areas and interacting with the community.</p><form class="publicForm" method="post" action="[fn function='wp_login_url']">[one_third]<div class="fieldContainer"><label for="log" class="formTitle">Username</label><input id="log" name="log" type="text" class="textInput" style="width:90%"></div>[/one_third][one_third]<div class="fieldContainer"><label for="pwd" class="formTitle">Password</label><input id="pwd" name="pwd" type="password" class="textInput" style="width:90%"></div>[/one_third][one_third]<button type="submit" class="btn black" style="margin-top:30px"><span>Sign in</span></button>[/one_third]</form>[clear]<br><br>[/one_half]

We’ll need to look into why the HTML Content area isn’t working in WordPress v4.9+. I’ll start a ticket for this with our development team and I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more. Thanks for pointing this out so we can get it fixed.

• ianmac

said

Cheers I’ll check that out re the alignment. Thanks for taking that onboard

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)