Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)

WP sent fatal theme error (recovery mode email)

• mthant

said

Hello, I received this email from WP…
    WordPress caught an error with your theme. Salutation
    The error was caught https//hemoessentials.com/wp-admin/post.php
    Error Details
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 1040 of the file
    /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/htm/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/frameword/theme-functions/shortcodes.php.
    Error message: Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page()

Do you know what the problem is…

• mthant

said

Jeff
    Thank you for your quick response.
    It is interesting since I have not been using the block editor. I have been using the classic editor plug In.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

In that case the error might be caused by a plugin conflict.

There are three plugins that we know of that cause this error. (Search Unleashed, WiziApp and Relevanssi.) Searching the forum for “Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page” will turn up a few previous discussions about this.

The way to test for a plugin conflict is to deactivate all your plugins, all at the same time (except for the Classic Editor plugin). If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

• mthant

said

Jeff
    I am at a loss for how to find the problem. The website has been running fine (I just tested it again) even though they sent me the error message 3 weeks ago and another 2 days ago. Shall I wait until the program crash?

• jeffw

said

So you can’t see any error messages yourself?

• mthant

said

No, I have not experienced any problem with the website as is. I just don’t know why I got these messages.

• jeffw

said

A standard installation of Salutation with the BuddyPress, bbPress, Slider Revolution and Classic Editor plugins installed doesn’t generate any errors as far as I am aware. I’ve checked my Salutation sandbox site and I can’t find any problems. My Salutation sandbox site isn’t sending me any emails saying it has caught an error.

As I said in a previous reply, there are three plugins that we know of that can cause this “Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page()” error: Search Unleashed, WiziApp and Relevanssi. If you are not using any of those plugins, then it might be caused by another plugin you have installed. The way to test for a plugin conflict is to deactivate all your plugins, all at the same time (except for the Classic Editor plugin). If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible.

• mthant

said

Thanks Jeff, I am not using any of the plugins that you have mentioned. As I mentioned before, the website is currently running fine. I guess I’ll just wait until it crashes.
    However, how does WP know that there is a fatal error. Are they testing my website or they just going through the website code?

• jeffw

said

However, how does WP know that there is a fatal error. Are they testing my website or they just going through the website code?

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever. I’ve never before heard of WordPress itself looking for errors and emailing the site owner about it.

• mthant

said

Thanks Jeff. Thanks for clarifying because I have never been aware of WP sending these messages. I don’t know if it is phising. I will neglect that message until my site really crashes.

• mthant

said

Here is the exact email that I received. Does WP 5.2 have auto checkin?

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Salutation.

First, visit your website (https://hemoncessentials.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://hemoncessentials.com/wp-admin/post.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://hemoncessentials.com/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=jGOyiJKCvo2PsPnvrO6gj9&rm_key=WjQ9umKUUUm3q7vPT2ipzR

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 1040 of the file /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/40/3702340/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/shortcodes.php. Error message: Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page()

• jeffw

said

I searched the internet for “Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site” and found plenty of other WordPress users who are getting these emails. Posts in the wordpress.org support forums suggest that this is not a phishing email and that it is indeed a new feature of WordPress v5.2+.

The email you received says the error is in your admin on the article editor page. Easy enough to check. Edit an existing post or page and click the Update button. Do you see any error messages after you do that?

As I said in previous replies, there are three plugins that we know of that can cause this “Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page()” error: Search Unleashed, WiziApp and Relevanssi. If you are not using any of those plugins, then it might be caused by another plugin you have installed. The way to test for a plugin conflict is to deactivate all your plugins, all at the same time (except for the Classic Editor plugin). If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible.

• mthant

said

Jeff
    I edited some old posts and did not find the problem. I have not used the plugins that you mentioned. I have also deactivated some of the plugins that are rarely used or unimportant.
    I also post the question to Word Press forums but they couldn’t help because I use Salutation – a commercial theme.
    So far the website has not crashed.
    I guess I’ll just wait until I receive another email from them and test it again. Hopefully, the plugins that I deactivated solve the problem.
    Thanks for helping.
    Myo

• jeffw

said

I think the “Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page()” error is one of the errors that you might see when editing articles that contain particular shortcodes, like the [blog] and [portfolio] shortcodes for example, if you do not have the Classic Editor plugin installed and activated.

You say you have the Classic Editor plugin installed and activated, so all I can think is that WordPress is being really dumb and is somehow “testing” your pages and posts as if the Block Editor is still activated. After activating the Classic Editor plugin go to Settings > Writing to make sure the settings are set so that the Block Editor is completely disabled. Like this…

Viewing post 1 to 15 (22 total posts)
Topic tags: shortcakes, theme error