Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Salutation: WordPress + BuddyPress Theme

Salutation (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 16 to 22 (22 total posts)

WP sent fatal theme error (recovery mode email)

• mthant

said

I have not used any of the shortcodes. In fact, I had tried Date shortcode from WP and did not work so I stopped. What I’ll do is wait till I get another email from Word Press. I am also hoping that I don’t get it anymore since I have deactivated plugins that I rarely used.
    I have been using Classic Editor and I checked the Settings. They are all correct.
    Thanks for the help.

• jeffw

said

In my tests, if I deactivate the Classic Editor plugin I can replicate the error you are seeing when editing articles.

With the Classic Editor plugin enabled…

Without the Classic Editor plugin enabled…

We can’t do anything about WordPress being dumb and sending you emails about errors that don’t actually exist when the Classic Editor plugin is installed and activated.

Thanks.

• mthant

said

It is interesting too that the messages came three to four weeks ago and 2 -3 weeks later, particularly when I was updating similar content to the website almost every week. Lately, almost every day. I would expect the messages to appear almost daily.

• mthant

said

Hi Jeff
    Since I last sent you the email in regard to the fatal error that WP sent to me a month ago, it has been quiet even though I was working on the web site like usual until today. At 11:30 am while I was updating the content, I got this email from WP again. I don’t know what to do with it. I didn’t see any wrong with the site although when I clicked the “Update” button, i got the message that “there was something wrong with the site and that I would be getting an email from WP” but after I got out and got back in it was working fine. Here is their email again…

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Salutation.

First, visit your website (https://hemoncessentials.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://hemoncessentials.com/wp-admin/post.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://hemoncessentials.com/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=4H3Uqz4X8AL57AuTQQXHjF&rm_key=CyTyp7iyaNXbnAQLNOA6Kr

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 1040 of the file /var/www/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/shortcodes.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function make_theme_blog_page() in /var/www/wp-content/themes/parallelus-salutation/framework/theme-functions/shortcodes.php:1040
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(325): theme_blog(Array, ”, ‘blog’)
    #1 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
    #2 /var/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(199): preg_replace_callback(‘/[([?)(blog)(…’, ‘do_shortcode_ta…’, ‘Updates and…’)
    #3 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): do_shortcode(‘Updates and…’)
    #4 /var/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘Updates and…’, Array)
    #5 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/admin/links/class-link-watcher.php(117): apply_filters(‘the_content’, ‘Updates and…’)
    #6 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/admin/links/class-link-watcher.php(64): WPSEO_Link_Watcher->process(13384, ‘Updates and…’)
    #7 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPSEO_Link_Watcher->save_post(13384, Object(WP_Post))
    #8 /var/www/wp-i

• jeffw

said

It looks like whatever “test” WordPress is performing, it is performing that “test” as if the new WordPress block editor (a.k.a Gutenberg) is enabled. Alas, as I said before, there is not anything we can do about WordPress being dumb and sending you emails about errors that don’t actually exist when the Classic Editor plugin is installed and activated. If it was me, unless I could see any obvious display issues or unless I am prevented in some way from updating my posts and pages, I would just ignore the email. If you can’t ignore it, then I recommend you vent your spleen at WordPress about it because there really is nothing we can do about any core feature of WordPress.

• mthant

said

I will do as you suggested. It is so annoying. Out of the blue it will come.

• jeffw

said

If you read the official documentation for this annoying WordPress feature, there appears to be a way to turn it off…

Fatal Error Recovery Mode in 5.2https://make.wordpress.org/core/2019/04/16/fatal-error-recovery-mode-in-5-2/

define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER', false);

So you’d add the above line of code to your ‘wp-config.php’ file. Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Viewing post 16 to 22 (22 total posts)
Topic tags: shortcakes, theme error