Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Traject – WordPress Portfolio and Business Theme

Traject (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Change the main menu background colour

• sailorboy

said

Hi,

I want to change the main menu background colour of my website built using Traject. (Skin 5)

I searched the forum but couldnt find an answer. Please help!

Regards

• jeffw

said

The background of the navigation menu is done with images. if you look in the ‘style-skin-5.css’ stylesheet, on line 120 or thereabouts you’ll see this chunk of CSS…

/* top */
    #Top { background-image: url("images/skins/skin-5/topMenu-Repeat.png"); } /* top menu bg */
    #TopContainer { background-image: url("images/skins/skin-5/topMenu-Middle.png"); }

Those are the two images you’d need to change to change the background of the navigation menu.

If you use the Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari browsers you can use their built-in developer tools to point at and “inspect” elements on a web page to find out what styles they use. You can even tweak the styles live to experiment with any changes you might fancy. If you use Firefox then there is an add-on named Firebug you can install which gives that browser the same functionality as the developer tools built into the other browsers.

If you need to learn how to use CSS then I can recommend this site → http://www.w3schools.com/css/

• sailorboy

said

Thank you very much for the help. I managed to achieve what I wanted with your inputs :)

Cheers!

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: header, menu colour