Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Traject – WordPress Portfolio and Business Theme

Traject (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)

How to include new jQuery scripts?

• thynksheraze

said

Hello,

Can you advise how to include simply jquery scripts on the traject wordpress site? I tried both including <script> ... </script> tags in a page as well as in the header.php. For example, the following code is meant to show a clicked div but hide all other divs:

<script>
    $('a').on('click', function(){
       var target = $(this).attr('rel');
       $("#"+target).show().siblings("div").hide();
    });

</script>

I also notice that noConflict() is being used. Could you advise as to how to make these extra scripts work?

Thanks,

Azhar

• jeffw

said

I don’t think this is a theme related issue, is it? Wouldn’t you have exactly the same issue if, for example, you were using one of the default WordPress themes?

Let me google that for you → http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wordpress+add+jquery+script+to+page

Please always keep in mind that our theme support is only for issues that are directly related to the theme, we can’t help with generic WordPress issues. If you believe the issue is related to the Traject theme, please switch to a default WordPress theme, such as Twenty Fourteen for example, to see if the issue is still there or if it goes away. If the the issue is still there then the issue is not related to the Traject theme and so we can’t help with that issue.

For all generic WordPress issues there is a dedicated support forum → http://wordpress.org/support/

If after switching themes the issue goes away then the issue might be related to the Traject theme, in which case let us know and we will work from there.

Viewing post 1 to 2 (2 total posts)
Topic tags: jquery, noconflict, scripts