Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Traject – WordPress Portfolio and Business Theme

Traject (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)

Portfolio page 400 Bad Request errors

• ubernaut

said

it seems like they are all referring to the timthumb script but i have no idea how to fix that was hoping you might be able to shed some light. you’ve never seen this issue before? also is there anyway to be notified of replies here? i have the default settings but it doesn’t send me emails of replies.

thanks!

• jeffw

said

We’ve seen this many times before, that’s why I suggested you search the forum for “400 bad request”. The search box is at top right.

It is a server permissions issue. We can’t fix that for you, and if you don’t know how to fix it yourself you will need to ask your web hosts for assistance.

If you search the forum for “400 bad request” you will find everything I know about this issue. There isn’t anything new or different I can tell you.

• jeffw

said

is there anyway to be notified of replies here? i have the default settings but it doesn’t send me emails of replies

On the Email Notifications page (My Account > Settings > Notifications) set the “A member replies in a forum topic you’ve started” and the “A member replies after you in a forum topic” options to “Yes”.

Also, above the first post in any topic, over to the right, you’ll see a “Follow this topic” link. If you click that link then you’ll receive emails when that topic (and only that topic) has new replies.

If you have the global “All Email” option set then that’s exactly what you’ll get. If you want to be selective about what emails you receive then set the global “No Email” option and then set the selective options on the Email Notifications page, or use the “Follow this topic” links.

• ubernaut

said

thats exactly how i already have the setting but I’m still not getting noticed.

thanks regarding the permissions thing tried following the directions here:

http://para.llel.us/support/groups/traject-wordpress/forum/topic/creating-portfolio-page-images-broken/

but I’m not sure if it’s just the cache folder that needs permissions modified or or some other folders as well (it was 755 changed to 777 no effect) i also tried the timthumb modification suggested by the other customer but that also had no effect.

any further tips or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

• jeffw

said

If you search the forum for “400 bad request” you will find everything I know about this issue. There isn’t anything new or different I can tell you about this issue.

• ubernaut

said

oh also there is an index file in the cache directory so I’m thinking maybe not a permission problem after all?

• jeffw

said

If you search the forum for “400 bad request” you will find everything I know about this issue. There isn’t anything new or different I can tell you about this issue.

• ubernaut

said

I’ve searched through several threads i haven’t seen anything that i haven’t tried is there another folder that needs permissions modified or is it just the cache folder (not seeing the answer to that question anywhere)? also as i stated before the index file is inside the cache folder so I’m assuming at this point the permissions are correct. am i not correct in making that assumption?

thanks!

• jeffw

said

• ubernaut

said

this is very frustrating am asking direct questions and you are just copying and pasting couldn’t you take 15 seconds to answer my specific questions? i need a little direction here obviously you have much experience with this issue and i have none.

thanks!

• ubernaut

said

also i seem to be getting notifications not sure if they were delayed or something change i never changed any settings on my end though.

• jeffw

said

I do not know the answers to your specific questions because I am not an expert on how TimThumb works.

There isn’t anything new or different I can tell you about this issue. That’s the truth. Whatever questions you have about this issue, if you can’t find the answer by searching this forum for “400 bad request” then there will be no point in asking me because the answer will be “If you search the forum for ’400 bad request’ you will find everything I know about this issue. There isn’t anything new or different I can tell you about this issue.”

Ultimately this is a server issue and you can maybe save yourself a lot of frustration by asking your web hosts to fix the problem with their server that isn’t allowing the TimThumb script to work properly.

I can’t fix the problem for you, and the only advice I have on this issue has been posted in this forum multiple times.

There really is not anything new or different I can tell you about this issue.

• ubernaut

said

ok i really don’t think this is server problem at this point. i noticed that the bundled version of timthumb was far from current and probably being blocked by any decent host at this point when i replaced it with a more current version the images are now showing up and i am no longer seeing console errors however as you can see the page layout is still not correct. so i would definitely call this a theme issue and not a server issue at this point because again no changes to the server were required to get to this point.

thanks!

Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)