Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • andy
  • jeffw

Support for: Traject – WordPress Portfolio and Business Theme

Traject (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (34 total posts)

Traject post images suddenly broken

• preachason

said

Using Traject for a client (keyapproach.com) – has been working perfectly for them, but a short time ago the post images started to report as broken.

We have re-uploaded the images, created new posts to check, even uploaded the theme images again (thinking it was, perhaps, a broken overlay image.

Any insight into this? Thank you.

• andy

said

Something must have changed for the images to suddenly stop showing. If you can provide a link I’m happy to look at the site for you.

If you had the folders permissions set to “777″ you might try “755″ instead. Some hosts don’t allow “777″ and this may have been the change that occurred.

Another thing to try is updating TimThumb by downloading the latest version here:

http://timthumb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/timthumb.php
    (right click, save link as…, “timthumb.php”)

After downloading the new file go to your theme folder and replace the old file “includes/timthumb.php” with the new one.

• preachason

said

Updated TimThumb – no change to the images. What folder do you suggest changing permissions on?

The site is keyapproach.com – if you need any more information or access than that please let me know!

• landon

said

Hi there,

I recommend you set the permissions of the wp-content folder (recursively) to 755.

Thanks,
    Landon

• preachason

said

Concluded – unfortunately, no to avail. Any other suggestions?

I should add that the images show up fine INSIDE a blog post, but in the aggregate on the home page they are reported as broken. Not sure if that was clear.

• preachason

said

Thank you – it IS there. I will let you know what I find out from the host.

• preachason

said

Here’s what my client received back from tech support:

+++
    Thank you for contacting Support. It is not related to a permission issue. The theme is not generating the thumbnails, which unfortunately is outside our scope of support. Please feel free to update the Support Console for any inquiries.

Technical Support.
    +++

Could they be right?

• andy

said

That does not explain why a PHP file on the server returns this error:

Bad request

The page that you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, had its content expired, or is temporarily unavailable.

http://www.keyapproach.com/wp-content/themes/parallelus-traject/includes/timthumb.php

If you can find out why that page isn’t being recognized you will have your answer. The theme doesn’t have any way of making a file return this error because it’s a server error message.

• shrin

said

My post and page feature images are broken too. The main page works fine, so do the 5 feature images just below the main header BUT all post and page featured images are broken.

Any ideas?

• landon

said

Hi Joni and Shrin,

can you please provide live links to your sites so I can diagnose your timthumb files?

Thanks,
    Landon

• Joni

said

When I checked to find broken images, I got this message:

A TimThumb error has occured
    The following error(s) occured:

Could not find the internal image you specified.

Query String : src=http://jacksonharborinn.com/wp-content/uploads/washington-harbor-1.jpg&w=161&zc=1
    TimThumb version : 2.8.2

This link shows the image, though: http://jacksonharborinn.com/wp-content/uploads/washington-harbor-1.jpg

Viewing post 1 to 15 (34 total posts)