Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 11 (11 total posts)

Slideshow on all pages

• tonyjohnston

said

Is there an easy way to put that slide show on every other page so that I can keep consistency?

Thanks,
    Tony

• jeffw

said

Hi, Tony.

The only way to achieve this would be by customising the header.php file. Please remember that the support team is not able to help you customise the theme. If you open that file on line 409 you will see the following line of code:

if (theme_var('slideShowDisabled', 'return') != true && ( is_home() || is_front_page() )) {

Change that line so that it looks like this:

if (theme_var('slideShowDisabled', 'return') != true ) {

Always keep in mind that if you modify the core theme files then when you need to update the theme your modified files may be overwritten and your modifications lost.

• tonyjohnston

said

Hey Jeff,

This didn’t work, do you have any other methods?

• jeffw

said

Yes it does work. I tried it myself. Removing the WordPress conditional tags from that line will make the code underneath that displays the slideshow execute on every page, not just the home page. Assuming of course that the slideshow has not been disabled in the theme settings.

• gavinwalsh1

said

Hi Jeff,

I’d like to have the slide show on a couple of pages rather than just the home page. Is this possible without having it on every page?

I can repost this back on the forum, but I thought this thread was pretty much the same…

Thanks,

Gavin

• jeffw

said

Hi, Gavin.

You would need to use WordPress conditional tags to let WordPress know what pages you want the slideshow code executed on. (Just like the way they are currently used to limit the execution of that code to the home page.)

You can read more about WordPress conditional tags on the WordPress website: http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

• gavinwalsh1

said

Thanks Jeff. I’ve have a read and see what I can do. :)

• adewelsh

said

Hi Jeff, I’ve had the same problem as tonyjohnson earlier in the thread. i.e.(I wanted the slideshow on everypage). I made the change as recommended in the header.php, with no joy. Although, if I look at the source of the pages where the slideshow is not appearing, the code for the slide show is. In addition to this when I try to make changes on the Theme settings slideshow manager and I try assign slides to different pages this has no effect either. Any ideas what my problem may be. I have checked my plug-ins for conflicts and when all plug-ins are disabled the problem still exists.

• jeffw

said

Hi, adewelsh

Unfortunately it is not possible for the support team to become involved in customising the theme, all we can do is point you in the right direction. The line of code I pointed tonyjohnson towards is the conditional statement that decides whether the slideshow gets displayed or not. Beyond this, you will need to figure it out for yourself. It may be (for example) that including the slideshow HTML on every page disrupts the code in other page templates, however this is something you would need to look at for yourself.

You appear to have more than one issue going on here so I’d recommend that your forget about customising the theme for the moment and start a fresh topic for each issue that you have that is not related to customising the theme, just related to the normal slideshow.

• sambasanchez

said

Hi Jeff,
    I did change the line to the code you showed and I can see the slideshow on every page. However, it doesn’t change slides. I noticed the icons to select the slides are not shown, so it seems like the slideshow is not fully loaded.

That line you said to change is twice in the header.php. it’s on line 119 and line 411 (This is on v.2.2.1.1)
    I don’t know if I should change the other one as well, but I’m afraid of messing it up. As as said before I dont know anything about coding.

Will you check so the slideshow will fully work in all pages?
    Thanks.

Samba.

• sambasanchez

said

I guess that did it, I just saved the file just in case that will mess it up, but after changing both lines the slideshow is working properly in all pages. I hope this doesn’t mess up anything.

Viewing post 1 to 11 (11 total posts)