Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 4 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Linking ribbon text

• dsanders

said

I’ve tried playing around with the WYSIWYG editor to link the ribbons to different pages, which I didn’t expect to work. I’ve also now resorted to modify the code to perhaps add a section to the ribbon function’s code so that I can link either the ribbon text, or even the entire ribbon. I’ve disabled cufon and am currently using a web based font pack instead, if that changes anything.

Has anyone done this before, if so how? Also support could you point me in the right direction as to which files I should be examining to modify? Thanks!

• andy

said

The theme already has links in the ribbon, for example the blog headers link the Author, Category and Comments. You can look at “index.php” to see how that is being added.

• dsanders

said

Hey Andy. I understand that I can look at the source and write the actual html in the page. I was looking for the actual function which interprets the ribbon shortcode, this way I can modify it to add an additional parameter i.e. a URL. I’m trying to make it as simple and user friendly as possible. Thanks again for your time.

• andy

said

You can find the shortcodes defined in the file “theme_admin/includes/shortcodes.php“. Is that what you were asking?

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: linking, modify, ribbon