Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 3 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

New Menus WP 3.3

• sudonym

said

Since the new WP settings has changed the Unite theme does not make accommodations for the changes from the previous instructions such as the login & RSS menu items. The older versions of the theme allowed one to insert the vertical divider between the menu items and the login button, but this has been disabled from vision. The whole of these themes are to do away with cumbersome coding and the sorts. These themes should have instructions that show how to set up the site as it appears in the demo, for the demo is what sells it. All changes can be modified after that point.

• andy

said

Because of this limitation to the menus in WP 3+ we have included instructions for reverting to the custom theme menus in our FAQs on ThemeForsest. The details have been copied below:

I would rather use your custom menu manager instead of the WordPress 3 menus. How can I enable the menu manager from v1.0 on my updated v2.0 theme?

To get the old menus back you can change the following line:

if ( version_compare( get_bloginfo('version'), '3.0', '>=' ) ) {

In “header.php” on line 360 it should be changed to:

if ( 0 == 1) {

In “functions.php” on line 96 it should be changed to:

if ( 1 == 1) {

Source: http://themeforest.net/item/unite-wordpress-business-magazine-theme/faq/90959

I believe that some users were able to add the same icons directly into the WP 3+ menus using <span> tags into the title element, but we have not experimented with this. The users who were successful posted their comments to the ThemeForest comments area (before Help Center was created) and you may be able to find the details of what they did there.

http://themeforest.net/item/unite-wordpress-business-magazine-theme/discussion/90959

• mikemancuso

said

When I edit line 96 of “functions.php” I end up with a syntax error on line 149. I am using WP 3.4.2.

• jeffw

said

Hi, mikemancuso.

I think the theme has been updated since that information was published. The line to change in functions.php would be this one:

if ( version_compare( get_bloginfo('version'), '3.0', '<' ) ) {

In the most recent version of the theme this is on line 102 inside the this_theme_menu() function.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)
Topic tags: login menu items, menu items