Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

Slide show not working

• dmcnerney

said

Hello. I have loaded 6 images on the home page and saved. Only one image sits stactically there. The slide show does not slide. Help

My site: http://50.87.56.101/ (temporary url until i finish this). Thanks

• jeffw

said

You have a JavaScript error on your home page, and that’s what is most likely breaking the slideshow. JavaScript errors are most often (almost always) caused by plugin conflicts, so to begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know. If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

• dmcnerney

said

Hello JeffW: I have deactivated all of the plugins. This slideshow is still not working…help appreciated…Thanks, Debbie

• jeffw

said

I think the JavaScript error is being caused by one of the theme’s Tool Tips features. In your admin sidebar go to Unite > General Options and in the Tool Tips box disable the Tool Tip ALL Links option. Please let me know if that helps.

• dmcnerney

said

YES! That did it. disable the tool tips – all links…thanks

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks.

I have a fix for this now. Open the ‘header.php‘ file and on line 66 or thereabouts you’ll see this block of code…

<script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
      // select items to apply tooltip function
      $('.tip').cluetip({showtitle: false, arrows: true, splitTitle: '|'});
      $('.tipInclude').cluetip({attribute: 'rel', showtitle: false, arrows: true}); // external file indluded tips
      <?php 
      if (get_theme_var('toolTipsAllTitles') == true) { ?>
        //$('a[title != ""]').each( function() {
        $('a[title][title!=]').each( function() {
          // don't apply to any links in the drop down menu or side navigation (due to display errors)
          if ( !jQuery(this).parents('.sf-menu').length && !jQuery(this).parents('.sideNav').length ) {
            jQuery(this).addClass('jt').cluetip({showtitle: false, arrows: true, topOffset: 0, splitTitle: '|'});
          }
        });
      <?php 
      } ?>
      });
    </script>

Replace it with this…

<script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
      // select items to apply tooltip function
      $('.tip').cluetip({showtitle: false, arrows: true, splitTitle: '|'});
      $('.tipInclude').cluetip({attribute: 'rel', showtitle: false, arrows: true}); // external file indluded tips
      <?php
      if (get_theme_var('toolTipsAllTitles') == true) {  ?>
        $('a[title != ""]').each( function() {
    //        $('a[title][title!=]').each( function() {
          if($(this).attr('title') != undefined) {
            // don't apply to any links in the drop down menu or side navigation (due to display errors)
            if ( !jQuery(this).parents('.sf-menu').length && !jQuery(this).parents('.sideNav').length ) {
              jQuery(this).addClass('jt').cluetip({showtitle: false, arrows: true, topOffset: 0, splitTitle: '|'});
            }
          }
        });  <?php 
      } ?>
      });
    </script>

Save and upload.

Next, open the ‘theme_admin/includes/options_pages/slideshow-options.php‘ file and on line 295 or thereabouts you’ll see this line of code…

if (is_array($value['children'])) {

Replace it with this…

if (isset($value['children']) && is_array($value['children'])) {

Save and upload.

Now the Tool Tip ALL Links option should work without causing any errors.

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)