Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw

Support for: Unite – WordPress Business, Magazine Theme

Unite (WordPress)

Public Group  |  active 4 years, 5 months ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

After updating to WordPress v4.4.2 featured image seems not to work

• cyberhrc

said

Hey there
    After update on 4.4.2 featured image seems not to work.. Its just broken on homepage :(
    Any reports on that perhaps?

• jeffw

said

On my Unite sandbox site I’m not having any problems with post images appearing in blog lists on the home page or anywhere else. And no one else has reported this issue. If you can post a link to a live web page that displays the issue I’ll gladly take a look, see if I can spot any obvious cause.

• dmcnerney

said

I have exactly this problem and I am sure that I have the right paths for the images…Here is the page in question…help…I have worked on this for 2 days now and I think it may be on your end..I have permissions now set to 777 on the upload folder.

http://173.254.28.113/~riveradv/

• andy

said

I think the problem is the “~” in your URL. For some reason TimThumb does not like this character which is commonly used in temporary URLs. Try the full real URL instead and it should work fine.

Don’t use 777 permissions. A lot of hosts won’t even allow them. Use 755 instead.

• dmcnerney

said

Hello…unfortunately…that IS the real url…it includes the home folder in the url and Yes, it is temporary. I am not sure how to get around that

• dmcnerney

said

I just got with my web hosting service. The only way, it seems on their end to resolve this and have a url without the ~ in it, is to buy for 6/month a dedicated IP and this is just temporary until I can get the client ok to move his domain… do you have any other option?

• jeffw

said

No, sorry, we can’t think of any other option. It’s the way TimThumb works and we can’t change the way TimThumb works.

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)