Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 4 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (16 total posts)

Getting Class ’ZipArchive’ not found error when activating

• melissamykal

said

After uploading the theme, I’m getting this error when activating:

Fatal error: Class ‘ZipArchive’ not found in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/53989/domains/pogostickstudios.com/html/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/object.php on line 100

I did delete the theme and re-upload, and I’m still getting the error.

• andy

said

The error message means that a required module of PHP is not installed on your server. The best thing to do is contact your web host and ask them to install the ZipArchive module. (http://www.php.net/manual/en/zip.installation.php)

If your host can’t install the ZipArchive class you can use the manual instructions below for installing the plugins and disable that part of the theme (it’s really easy). Here’s what you need to do.

1. Open the theme folder “extensions/plugin-installer/plugins” and inside will be the ZIP file for the required plugins: js_composer.zip and revslider.zip

Save those to your desktop so you can upload them to your WP install.

2. Copy the file js_composer-custom.php (in the same folder) to “extensions/theme-utilities”

3. Open the moved file and at the top, just after <?php add this special code:

/*
        Extension Name: Custom Visual Composer Elements
        Version: 1.0
    */

4. Delete the folder “extensions/plugin-installer/” from the theme.

5. Upload the plugin ZIP files from the WP admin “Plugins” area using the standard method of selecting a file. Do this for both of the ZIP files you copied.

That’s it. Upload the modified theme and you’re all done! Let us know if you have any problems.

• growthnestapps

said

thanks, it worked. I hope you can fix this in future release!

Best regards

• gwerner

said

hi there … I tried this and I receive the following error

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_set_as_theme() in /home/web/sites/mocna2015/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/theme-utilities/js_composer-custom.php on line 6

• andy

said

@gwerner

While that shouldn’t happen, the code causing the error is not important. You can simply comment out that part where it’s giving an error. The real solution, is to get the missing class installed on your server or you will continue to have problems and extra work to do with every update. Without this class you can’t perform automatic updates of the plugins either so you save a lot of time just by having ZipArchive installed.

• gwerner

said

my hosting provider says that when they try compiling php with –enable-zip it fails.

• andy

said

@gwerner

Sorry to hear that, it might be time to consider another host. Can you tell me who you are using? I’m curious why they can’t troubleshoot their own servers and errors, but we also get a lot of questions about hosting and I’m interested in being able to reply with any past experiences from customers to help others.

I tend to recommend HostGator a lot, although last week they had an outage that put my servers offline for over 14 hours! I’m sure you’ll understand why I might hesitate to recommend them until they earn back some good will.

There is a host called “a small orange” and I’ve heard nothing but excellent feedback from their customers. I’m considering moving myself because I can get the same or better setup for a lower cost. If I had the time to do a server migration right now, I would probably be moving to this host right now.

• nickallen

said

Hi, I’m new to this…

My hosting company Speednames say they can’t install the ZipArchive extension…so I have been following your manual instructions.

I was doing fine up to point 5! Where precisely do I put the ZIP files for the plugins copied in step 1? I have a wp-admin folder (but nothing about plugins), and I have a wp-content folder with a /plugins subfolder. Do I just drop the ZIPs into the latter? Thanks. Nick

• jeffw

said

Go to Plugins > Add New and click the Upload Plugin link. Follow the onscreen instructions to upload and install the plugin just as you would for any other plugin.

Let me Google that for you → http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+a+wordpress+plugin

Note that if your hosting company refuses to install the ZipArchive class then you are going to have this same problem every time you update the theme when it includes updates to the required and recommended plugins.

The best advice I can give you is to dump Speednames and go buy some hosting from a company that knows what it is doing. The ZipArchive class has been a standard part of PHP for years and years. I think it first became part of the standard PHP install with v5.2, way back in 2006. So Speednames goes onto my list of Crap Web Hosts to Avoid at All Costs; it’s a short list, the only other web host on it at the moment is GoDaddy.

• proverb

said

Hello, i have tried the above instructions but what i received was “The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.” plz i need urgent help because i need to deliver this job this my client in two weeks time or kind refund me plz.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (16 total posts)