Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)

Adding LoopBuddy support to Vellum?

• nopez4you

said

I had originally asked this question in the public comments:

I am using a plugin called LoopBuddy with my current theme. It says that it will work with any theme that adopts “The Loop Standard”. Can you please tell me if your theme adopts/supports this? Here is a link that explains what this means: http://loopstandard.com/

>> Parallelus Responded: This looks to be something custom. We don’t have anything custom in our theme to replace the default WordPress loop but I will look into this. It seems it would be an easy modification for anyone to make to the theme if they needed. As of this moment we don’t have this customization included.<<

The LoopBuddy plugin is important to our Wordpress installation. If you could explain how to do this or provide me with the necessary modification to add support for this plugin that would be awesome.

Thanks.

• andy

said

Based on the link you sent me, if you follow the guide in that slide show you should be able to implement it in the theme and after adding the custom “function” simply replace all instances of the_content() found in the theme. A simple find/replace with your code editor should do the trick for that part. The only references should be inside the main theme folder and the /templates sub-folder.

Try following the instructions in that slide show and it should get your where you need to go. At the very least you should be able to implement a custom post type as a template for your specific need to output the content of this plugin you have and use the custom loop on just that template.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)
Topic tags: loopbuddy