Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 4 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)

Getting ”An error has occurred” messages in admin and on home page

• marioselgreco

said

My site http://eas-seo.com has this error in the header of front page and admin panel , here is a screenshot
    https://snag.gy/1eFvGh.jpg
    further more i visual composer plugin has black out once again and i cant even scroll down my pages normally , i see half pages only . try to scrool down any of my pages.

any ideas ? when i using other theme its all ok . i try 3 diffrent versions of wp . so need some help here . also when i activate the vellume theme i got total blackout and my site is runing super slow.

• jeffw

said

I’m pretty sure that the error messages in that screenshot are not being generated by the Vellum theme.

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) except those required and recommended by the theme to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. In case you are in any doubt, these are the five required and recommended plugins that you can leave activated while you troubleshoot your problem…

– CSS3 Responsive Web Pricing Tables Grids
         – Go – Responsive Pricing & Compare Tables
         – Sidekick
         – Slider Revolution
         – WPBakery Visual Composer

So if the problem persists with just those five plugins activated, please leave all other plugins deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. Thanks.

• marioselgreco

said

I already try to deactivate all plugins or some of them . the problem its still the same . i dont beilive that the vellume theme as theme has any problem but im convitient that vellume theme alonge with something else couse this problem.

• jeffw

said

I need you to follow my instructions please.

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) except those required and recommended by the theme to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. In case you are in any doubt, these are the five required and recommended plugins that you can leave activated while you troubleshoot your problem…

– Sidekick
         – Slider Revolution

So if the problem persists with just those five plugins activated, please leave all other plugins deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

Thanks.

• jeffw

said

You’re not very good at following instructions, are you? :D

I asked you to please deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) except those required and recommended by the theme. You have not done that. Instead you deactivated all plugins.

So let’s give it another try?

– Sidekick
         – Slider Revolution

So if the problem persists with just those five plugins activated, please leave all other plugins deactivated, let us know and we will work from there.

Thanks.

• marioselgreco

said

Well , free mind here :D
    I did what you ask for .. then i activate all those 4 plugins that you said (i dont have the sidekick installed , no idea why). and then i try to activate one by one and now there are all activated and i dont have any problem . it was just some bug that its ok now or its something more ?

• jeffw

said

With WordPress, sometimes you can get problems caused by the order in which scripts are loaded. That’s largely determined by WordPress, although developers do have some control over this. Sometimes, deactivating all plugins and then reactivating them one at a time changes the order in which WordPress loads the scripts, and the problem goes away. That sounds like what has happened for you. All’s well that ends well. ;)

• jeffw

said

Here you go → http://para.llel.us/support/groups/vellum/forum/topic/mobile-site-not-displaying-properly/#post-90211

If you need more assistance with this new issue that is not related to the subject of this topic, and if you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for this separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

Please try to remember to start a new topic for each separate issue that you have. We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have.

Thanks.

• marioselgreco

said

i remember checking those settings alonge with row table setting and where all ok . you see i may bought the theme today but the truth is i got this some months now . any other settings should i check ?

• jeffw

said

If you need more assistance with this new issue that is not related to the subject of this topic, and if you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for this separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

I am closing this topic now as the original issue raised is resolved.

P.S. My shift finished 11 minutes ago so it will be tomorrow now before I’ll be able to read the new topic you start for this issue.

Viewing post 1 to 12 (12 total posts)