Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

Can’t post in bbPress

• michealm

said

getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_headers() on a non-object in /home/michealm/public_html/brainstorm/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/layout-manager/template-functions/meta-content-options.php on line 35

• michealm

said

sorry i meant to write that it was white screening… in a way… the page is failing to fully load on any of the bbpress forum pages. DIV#FadeInContent is covering the entire page…

• michealm

said

Also the wp_adminbar isn’t loading so it seems its breaking down before being able to load the footer…

HEEEEEEELP!

• andy

said

Please try setting the options for the Layout Manager specific to the forums. To do this, go to “Appearance > Layout Manager” and scroll to the bottom of the page. Make sure a layout is selected for each of the bbPress content types: Forums, Topics and Replies.

That’s the first thing I would guess could be the cause. We can add some error checking to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future, but let’s first try and fix the problem you are having by getting the correct setting to avoid the error.

If that doesn’t work, please provide more details about how you have your forum setup.

• michealm

said

i had it set up properly and assigned the correct pages to the forum pages, still not working and is throwing the same error !

• michealm

said

Can we do this to resolve please?

We can add some error checking to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future

• andy

said

@michealm

I will at this point need to please ask you to show some patience. We have a policy on our support site that we answer questions in order as they appear. Each time you “mulit-post” or attempt to “bump” your topic you are actually moving it to the back of the line. We are not a 24 hours support service and clearly we are in different time zones but every time you’ve asked a question we have responded within a few hours. You act like we are going days without responding which is clearly not the case. It is currently 10pm on Saturday night where I am and instead of putting my daughter to bed I’m answering questions for you and others so please show some patience and your issue will be resolved.

Now, I don’t know why you are getting this error because I cannot replicate it but if you will email me your WP login details and FTP information I will be happy to look into it. You can send this information to support@parallelus.net and include a link to this thread so we know what it is in reference to. Thank you.

• michealm

said

I fixed it:

Call to a member function get_headers() on a non-object in ‘parallelus-vellum/extensions/layout-manager/template-functions/meta-content-options.php’ on line 35:

$headers = $layout_manager_admin->get_headers();
    $footers = $layout_manager_admin->get_footers();
    $layouts  = $layout_manager_admin->get_layout();

->get_headers(); was calling the function, not the property, so i adjusted it.:

$headers = $layout_manager_admin->get_headers;
    $footers = $layout_manager_admin->get_footers;
    $layouts  = $layout_manager_admin->get_layout;

Now it works as expected.

Thank you.

• andy

said

Wow! I can’t imagine how it was working at all, anywhere or on my install, and everyone else, if that was the situation. I had just sat down to my computer for a few minutes to log into your site and test this but I’m so glad you were able to find the solution sooner.

I’ll look into this and make sure the next update is corrected. Thanks!

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)
Topic tags: meta-content-options.php