Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Visual Composer install problems

• jordy123

said

Hi,

As mentioned on the Themeforest comment section:

I followed the steps in the help center regarding the plugin foreach problem.. It works, but I still have one problem left: when I try to install js_composer.zip it states:

Destination folder already exists. /home/username/domains/mydomain.nl/public_html/nieuw/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/

Do I need to delete the WP Bakery Composer or is that something different? I have succesfully installed the revslider though.

Furthermore, I got an alert telling me that I need to activate the visual composer. I’ve entered my themeforest username (BeLean), API key and license.. but I get a response that my license is not valid (which by the way shows as “liense key” instead of “license key”).

• andy

said

Ignore that “alert” it’s for people who purchased it on CodeCanyon and not when included in a theme for free. Just click the ‘x’ and it will go away. The misspelling is theirs, not ours as we don’t write the code for that plugin. You shouldn’t try and enter a license key for the theme into a plugin request like that. It’s a feature I’m going to ask them to allow theme authors to deactivate because it’s confusing for users that didn’t purchase the plugin.

If you received that notice, you already have Visual Composer installed so there is no need to do the additional step of trying to install it again. To verify this, go to your “Appearance > Plugins” page and you should see Visual Composer listed.

Thanks!

• jordy123

said

Thanks, everything works now. Could you please explain me how I get the same background (fullscreen image + scroll function + blur + yellow popup) as in the preview? + I’d like to know the settings to have the image on the left and the ‘features tour’ content page on the right (fullscreen, not boxed).

Your help will be appreciated :)

• andy

said

Glad to hear everything is working.

In the demo slide show we are using a regular background image for the first slide, a blurred copy of the same image for the second slide and the added graphics are called “layer graphics” with the added slide show animations integrated into the slide show. The effect of the background image “blurring” is just the result of a fade transition being used from slide 1 to slide 2, giving the impression of the image blurring as you watch.

For details on using the plugin you can visit the help documents and watch the videos. We include links for these inside the help document that comes with the theme.

Here’s the first video demo for making a new slide. You can also view the example slide shows that come with the theme and should have installed automatically.

http://www.themepunch.com/codecanyon/revolution_wp/liveguide/02.video.html

If you could please for future requests start a new topic for each individual issue or question. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. It also aids other users in finding answers to the same questions. Thanks!

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)