Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 1 week ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Edit static content

• jordy123

said

Hi,

I’ve added a static content shortcode to the homepage (id = 649), but where can I change the text and images of the static content? I cannot find it.

• jeffw

said

You’ll find all the static blocks in Static Content > Static Blocks.

• jordy123

said

I cannot find it in the static content > static blocks section. Here’s a link to my site: http://bit.ly/1bXibQq
    I would like to change the content if you scroll on the homepage. Where can I find this content? I cannot find it in the static blocks section…

• technologymedia

said

Hello Jordy123,

I had a similar issue when trying to figure out how to access static block content. Although I could choose the ‘Static Content’ menu option on the Wordpress Dashboard, each of the ‘Static Blocks’ had garbled text that did not represent content I could edit. After digging around a bit, I noticed that the code within the garbled text included these snippets: [vc_raw_html]. I realized the garbled text was code from visual composer that was not displaying properly. To resolve this issue, from the Wordpress Dashboard I chose Settings > Visual Composer. Under the ‘General Settings’ tab there is a ‘Content types’ option. My installation automatically checked the ‘page’ box only.

Selecting the ‘static_block’ option and clicking ‘Save Changes’ resolved the issue for me. Now the Static Blocks display content within Visual Composer that I can easily modify.

I hope this helps!

• andy

said

@jordy123

The content you are looking for is not a Static Block but a page. The shortcode for static content allows referencing any static block OR page ID/slug. For this situation I needed an exact replica of the home page so I could attach a different sample header. Rather than duplicating the page and keeping up with to copies for any changes/updates, I simply added the static block shortcode. The page you are looking for is the “Home Page” :)

A good solution to things like this is to create your own content, pages, layouts, headers, etc. and assign them where you need them. Use the demo content as a reference, but do rely on it too much.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)