Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)

Guidelines for Outdoor demo content starter kit

• sueperwoman

said

I really need the step by step instruction for the outdoor demo content starter kit. Since it is on your live preview. Just need the settings. I understand the content and media files are my responsibility. Please put it on one page response so i don’t have to go to so many forum pages.
    thanks

• jeffw

said

To start with, in Appearance > Theme Options > Theme Options, underneath the “Design Styles” heading set the Layout Style option to “Full Width – Right Header”.

The masthead background image is set in Appearance > Theme Options > Backgrounds.

Once you add a full-screen slideshow to the home page header (Appearance > Layout Manager > Headers) the masthead will automatically become transparent when that full-screen slideshow is being displayed.

The page content is just a bunch of dummy content arranged in a certain way using Visual Composer. It’s not difficult to replicate that page design, it’s just rows and columns filled with content.

For example at the top of the content we have a row containing a “Text Block” element above a “Headline with Subtitle” element.

Underneath that is a new row split into three columns with a “Single Image” element in each, and the left-hand and right-hand columns have “Text Box” elements underneath the images.

Underneath that is a new row split in to four columns, each containing a “Single Image” element.

Underneath that is a new row containing a button (See More Photos).

Underneath that is a new row containing a “Single Image” element (Sloan and the hiking map).

And so on.

If you are having trouble replicating that particular layout please let me know exactly what the problem is and I’ll be glad to help.

• sueperwoman

said

Thank you for the quick response. I’ll let you know. I’ll work on it now.

• sueperwoman

said

Is there a social icon widget that comes with it? I wanted to add that social icons like the outdoor demo content but i don’t see that widget. I was also looking for the FAQ format and trying to replicate that.

• jeffw

said

In the Outdoors demo design style the social icons at the foot of the masthead have been added as HTML…

<div class="widget" style="font-size: 32px; margin-bottom: -25px;">
      <a href="#" style="color:#fff; text-shadow:none;"><i class="fa fa-facebook-square"></i></a>
      <a href="#" style="color:#fff; text-shadow:none;"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>
      <a href="#" style="color:#fff; text-shadow:none;"><i class="fa fa-google-plus-square"></i></a>
      <a href="#" style="color:#fff; text-shadow:none;"><i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i></a>
    </div>

We created a new static block (Static Content > Add New) and added the above HTML as the article content, then in Appearance > Widgets we aded a Static Block widget to the “Vertical Masthead (bottom)” sidebar area and set it to reference the static block we just created.

You will need to adjust the HTML to suit your specific situation.

The icons are Font Awesome icons. → http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

There are some examples of how to use Font Awesome classes here → http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/examples/

The demo FAQ page was created by adding multiple FAQ elements to the article content…

If you need it, the Visual Composer documentation is here → https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Visual+Composer+Pagebuilder+for+WordPress

If there is anything else about the Vellum theme itself you need help with, please just let us know. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search please create a new topic for each separate issue and we’ll do our best to help.

• sueperwoman

said

Thank you for that. Do you have the setting for the video layer for the slider revolution to replicate the outdoor demo content? I’ve been trying to play with it but could not figure how the layering transition came about. I tried to import the slider from dropbox(zip file) then i got an error message- Error: slider_export.txt does not exist!. I was not able to upload it. Any help?

• andy

said

Updates to Slider Revolution plugin sometimes make older import data not work. We’ve also struggled with this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I don’t remember the exact settings used for that slideshow but I did spend many hours tweaking and working with it. If the import data no longer works, that would be a big loss of all that time I spent creating it too.

• sueperwoman

said

Thank you for the updates. Currently still working on it. It seems like its coming together. Will let you know how it goes.
    thank you for the helpful support.

• jeffw

said

@sueperwoman

I just downloaded the ‘revslider-vellum-outdoors.zip’ file from our dropbox and imported it into Slider Revolution v5.1.4 without any problems other than the expected “not found” error messages about images that are not included in the import file.

• sueperwoman

said

I updated the Slider Revolution plug in and i was able to upload it. Found out that I already have an existing plugin from a previous theme and that it was the v4+ series. Thank you so much.

• jeffw

said

You should strive to always keep your plugins up to date. Often there are security holes found in plugins that are quickly fixed in a plugin update. This is just as true for premium plugins such as Slider Revolution and Visual Composer as it is for free plugins which may not be so professionally coded. If you don’t keep your plugins up to date you are risking your site being compromised.

• sueperwoman

said

It seems like its finally working. Just a few more tweaks and i should be good. I am wondering if its possible to use 2 mastheads on the website? For example: On the homepage- left , then on the rest of the pages- masthead horizontal(top) is this possible? If so, how do i go about it?

• jeffw

said

@sueperwoman

Yes, this is possible, and if you start a new topic for this separate issue I’ll be glad to help you with it.

Please try to remember to start a new topic for each separate issue that you have. We like to keep each topic in the Help Center focused on a single subject. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. Also, it really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you can’t find a solution using the forum search, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have. Thanks.

I am closing this topic now as the original question posted has been fully answered.

Viewing post 1 to 13 (13 total posts)
Topic tags: outdoor demo content