Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)

How do I get my footer to look like Contact Us page?

• terencemilbourn

said

You can edit the Contact Us page by selecting the “Pages (Skin 3)” drop-down as the footer in Footers and Options section bottom right. That gives you somewhere to start, at least. I am having the same issue myself. I want to create a similar footer I can use site wide.

• jeffw

said

Hi, jordy123.

WordPress articles that are pages will by default use the Default footer (Appearance > Layout Manager > Footers > Default) and the content sources for that footer should be set to “Footer – Top” and “Footer – Bottom”.

Alternatively, set the content sources to the “Footer – Top Section” and “Footer – Bottom Section” sidebars, and then in Appearance > Widgets drag a Static Content widget into each of those sidebar areas and set the widget drop–down menus to “Footer – Top” and “Footer – Bottom”.

• stevenbrm

said

Is there an index of shortcodes for building/customizing Static Content for new footer elements? Especially regarding the settings for columns and rows.

• andy

said

@stevenbrm

If you’re viewing a Static Block from the demo content and you see shortcodes in the editor you will need to activate or enable Visual Composer. Look at the top left edge of the editor to see if a blue button is just above the “Add Media” button with the label “Visual Composer“. If it is there, click it and use that to edit the shortcodes.

If you don’t have that button, go to “Settings > Visual Composer > General Settings” and enable the options in the “Content types” section for “page“, “post“, “portfolio” and “static_block” to make the editor active in that area.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other issues, questions, comments, etc. Thanks!

• stevenbrm

said

Thanks. Going to “Settings > Visual Composer” and enabling “Content types” fixed the problem.

• jordy123

said

Thanks for the explanation. It works perfectly. But now I’d like to change the content, but all I see is code? The visual composer is not shown anywhere… + the images linked to the footer aren’t appearing (they are in the right folder though). Please see: http://bit.ly/1gzeZaz

• jeffw

said

@jordy123 Andy answered that question in his post above. The paragraph beginning “If you don’t have that button…”.

Viewing post 1 to 9 (9 total posts)