Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Issues with video slides

• mrmovieticket

said

Hey Andy,

1. When adding a YouTube Vid to the slider, the “Auto Play” feature isn’t functioning. The video’s play button must be clicked to launch the Vid.

2. When adding a Vimeo Vid to the slider the “Hide Controls” feature isn’t working. It is still showing the controls

3. Once a video slide has been created, why can’t I change the video to a new video by replacing the existing URL with a different one? Why must I have to create an entirely new slide instead of just copying and pasting the new URL over the old one. This way, there is no need to go through the hassle of resizing and positioning the new video all over again.

4. Can a video slide be copied/ duplicated so we don’t have to position new videos again within the slide.

Thanks in advance for your time!

• andy

said

I just woke up and saw these posts from last night. I’ll be at my desk in an hour to have a look over them and get back to you. Thanks.

• andy

said

1. To the best of my knowledge, this is a limitation from YouTube and/or the slide show. I’ve also never been able to get a YouTube video to auto play in the slide show, regardless of settings. I can do some more research on this and see if it might be something we can fix or at the very least reported to the Slider Revolution developers.

As a quick test to make sure this action is not being influenced at all by the demo content or some other setting already configured in the theme, please try creating a new test slide show, just for testing and nothing else with a few slides. Give this slide show basic settings, not full screen or any other special settings, just the defaults. Add 2 or 3 slides and on the second one insert a YouTube video (not full screen) and set it to auto-play. We can use this test slide shot to troubleshoot the problem.

2. It may be that the slide show doesn’t support that setting for Vimeo. I would suggest you test this as well using the “test” slide show scenario described above. We can use that to determine if the problem is the slide show or a result of “reusing” an existing demo slide. Sometimes weird things happen like this.

3. I don’t know. This is how the plugin is and I do not know why. I will be sending an email to the creator of Slider Revolution later today to ask about a few of these things. I will include this as an update request for something to be changed in a later version.

4. I don’t think you can change the URL. If you look closely at the layer properties for the video slide there are specific numbers for the X and Y coordinates. You can create a new video slide and enter these same values and it will place the new one in exactly the same position as the previous. It’s not as easy as changing the URL but there is no reason to try and manually drag the slide into a pixel perfect position each time.

• mrmovieticket

said

Hi Andy! Thanks for the response.

I did create a new test slide before writing the original post. I figured I’d just start from scratch and learn how to master Slider Revolution, as I’ll be using it quite often for the site. So everything I mentioned above is actually occurring in the new slide test I created, so what would you have me do?

• andy

said

Is it a new “slide” or completely new slide show? I’m wanting to make sure there is a complete break from any demo settings and also none of the “full screen” options, only a default size and placement of the slide show to ensure it isn’t influenced by any theme customizations.

We could also do some testing on another theme, now that the plugin is installed you can activate a default WP theme and add a slide show to any page with the helpful button on the editor or Visual Composer. This could be the best way to go so we can be sure if something is Vellum related or Slider Revolution specific.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)
Topic tags: Vimeo video issuse, Youtube videos issues