Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)

Masthead feature won’t edit

• dcngo

said

I am sure what the layout is. I keep making edits and saving and it is not changing. When I refresh the page, it returns to the origional demo content

• jeffw

said

Please describe in more detail exactly what you are doing.

Can you post a link to a live web page that displays the issue?

• jeffw

said

To change the logo, in your admin sidebar go to Appearance > Theme Options > Theme Options and click the Select File button under the “Logo” heading to the right of the input box labelled Image

Use the WordPress media selector to either upload an image or select one from your media library and click the Select button to return to the settings page. When you are returned to the settings page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save Settings button.

• dcngo

said

Hi,
    Thank you for your response. We have tried everything!
    1. We made sure to identify what layout is used. We were able to edit the slide show just not the logo in the Masthead.
    2. When we visit the theme options, we see the default demo logo, when we select the logo from the library, we get a message that our input has been saved. But when refresed, the defaults are restored.
    3. We tried changing it at the customize level and it also would not change.

Please help us.

• jeffw

said

If you make changes in Appearance > Theme Options to other settings, are those settings saved and do they stick? Or do other settings also revert to defaults when you refresh the admin page?

• dcngo

said

All settings revert when using the theme option feature. Also editing from the layout level, customization does that too. We are able to edit the revolution slider and stock blocks, just the masthead giving problem

• jeffw

said

If you make changes in Appearance > Theme Options and those settings are not sticking, i.e. they are reverting to the defaults when you refresh the admin page, that sounds like a caching issue.

Please make sure you have all caching pluigns turned off and ask you web host to make sure they don’t have any additional caching being applied. We’ve seen this happen before with a caching tool named Memcached; it’s known for causing weird behaviour like this. So contact your hosts and ask them to disable all caching for your site. Ask them specifically if they are using Memcached or any similar caching tool. Let us know if this helps.

• dcngo

said

How do I determine if any of my current plugins are caching plugins?

• jeffw

said

That’s not a theme issue so it is beyond the scope of theme support. If you need help with basic questions like that you may want to consider hiring a professional web developer to help you?

The easiest thing to do is to deactivate all plugins, all at the same time, and then check if the problem is still there or not. If the problem has gone away, reactivate your plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the plugin that is causing the problem.

But your next step should be to contact your web host. Ask them specifically if they are using Memcached or any similar caching tool that is based on the memcached code. Ask them to disable all caching for your site.

Viewing post 1 to 10 (10 total posts)