Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)

How do I get my menu to show up?

• miabosna

said

I am a beginner, relying on WP Bakery verses custom codes to make things work. Is there any way I can restore my menu and background the way it worked before this last update? I have read your instructions for customizing with the uber menu but I have a relatively simple menu that just needs to be displayed properly.
    How do I get my menu to show up?
    I have explored the customization and appearance > menu options and cannot figure out why it’s not showing up.

• jeffw

said

There were no changes in the last theme update that affected the navigation menu.

This is your site, yes? → http://annmccloudsneath.com

To begin troubleshooting this issue you should deactivate all plugins (all at the same time) except those required and recommended by the theme to make sure the additional plugins you have installed are not causing any issues. If the problem goes away, reactivate your additional plugins one at a time (individually, not incrementally) until you find the one responsible and let us know.

If the problem persists after all additional plugins are deactivated (all at the same time), please leave them all deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. In case you are in any doubt, these are the four required and recommended plugins that you can leave activated while you troubleshoot your problem…

– CSS3 Responsive Web Pricing Tables Grids
         – Go Pricing – WordPress Responsive Pricing Tables
         – Slider Revolution
         – WPBakery Page Builder (formerly WPBakery Visual Composer)

So if the problem persists with just those four plugins activated, please leave all other plugins deactivated, let us know and we will work from there. Thanks.

• miabosna

said

I have deactivated the other plugins and just the 4 plugins that you have listed are active. Still no menu.

• jeffw

said

Thank you. Please leave all additional plugins deactivated while you troubleshoot your problem.

In your admin sidebar please select Appearance > Menus and then click on the Manage Locations tab. What menu have you assigned to the Primary Menu location?

• jeffw

said

Okay, thanks.

Now, still in Appearance > Menus but on the Edit Menus tab, select that menu to edit and make sure that it actually has some menu items. When you are finished editing the menu click the Save Menu button.

• miabosna

said

This is where the Ann Navigation is located, with all the pages and saved. I have made it the primary navigation and it still doesn’t show.
    I tried to create a new menu titled “Main Navigation” and assign that as the primary menu but that isn’t showing up either.
    ?

• jeffw

said

None of this is making any sense at all. No one has ever had this kind of problem with menus with any of our themes. You need to keep in mind that the menu system is part of WordPress, it’s not a part of any theme you use.

Please email WordPress admin and FTP credentials to support@parallelus.net and someone from the support team will take a look as soon as they can. Add a link to this topic in the email so that we know what the email is in reference to.

Note that we will need credentials for WordPress admin and FTP. If you don’t send us credentials for both it will simply delay someone looking at your issue until you do send us both.

Thanks.

• miabosna

said

I am going to delete your theme and reinstall and see if this makes any difference.

In the meantime, what do I need to do to get this plugin to update? I doubt it has anything to do with the menu but in the event it does…
    Go Pricing – Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.

• jeffw

said

We will be publishing a theme update soon that includes the latest version of the Go Pricing plugin.

If you are going to reinstall the theme this is the exact procedure to follow…

- Download the latest version of the Vellum theme from ThemeForest (the “Installable WordPress file only” option).
         - Unzip the file you downloaded from ThemeForest to create a ‘parallelus-vellum’ folder on your computer.
         - Use FTP to delete the ‘parallelus-vellum’ theme folder on your server.
         - Use FTP to upload the new ‘parallelus-vellum’ theme folder from your computer to your server.

Please don’t reinstall the theme any other way, please follow the instructions above exactly. If you do not follow these instructions exactly then you may lose your theme settings, i.e. they could all revert to the default settings.

It is important that you download the theme again from ThemeForest because it has been known for zip files to become corrupted in transmission.

It is also important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-vellum’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one. If you don’t do this you could end up with a theme folder with missing files and a mixture of templates from older and newer versions of the theme, and that can cause problems.

So it is very important that you first delete the existing ‘parallelus-vellum’ theme folder on your server before you upload the new one.

Do not have multiple Vellum theme folders in ‘wp-content/themes’, that alone can cause unpredictable problems. If you feel the need to store old versions of the theme, either download them to your computer and store them there, or move them to another location on your server. When I need to do this I create a ‘backups’ folder in ‘wp-content’.

After reinstalling, remember to refresh your browser’s caches so that it’s not using cached versions of the theme’s CSS and JavaScript files…
         → http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

• jeffw

said

@miabosna

You sent us an email. It contained one username and what appears to be a password. Nothing more. I assume this is for WordPress admin access?

As I made very clear in my earlier post, we will need credentials for WordPress admin and FTP. If you don’t send us credentials for both it will simply delay someone looking at your issue until you do send us both. So we have put this issue on hold until you send us credentials for WordPress admin and FTP. Please include a link to this topic in the email so that we know what the email is in reference to.

Thanks.

• miabosna

said

Thanks for your info on replacing the theme.
    I’ll get WP admin & FTP info to you.

It seems like the latest WP update is interacting with your template in a way that has started this clusterF of a problem. I have other websites with themes that have had small glitches from that last big update but none quite the challenge that I’m having with this one.

• jeffw

said

No other Vellum users are having the problems you are having. We ourselves are not seeing any issues like this on any of our development or sandbox sites after the recent WordPress update. So it’s not the theme.

• jeffw

said

@miabosna

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately you forgot to tell us the FTP URL for your site. So we have put this issue on hold until you send us that information. Please include a link to this topic in the email so that we know what the email is in reference to.

• jeffw

said

@miabosna

The credentials you sent us for WordPress admin access in your second email do not work.

The credentials in your first email work, but they do not give us administrator access so these credentials are no help.

We have put this entire issue on hold until you send us the information we have requested and that we need in order to look into this issue for you.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 15 (17 total posts)