Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 3 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)

Portfolio item hover icons

• stevenbrm

said

How do you specify which “entypo” icons are associated with which Portfolio entries? All my entries seem to show only the Camera icon, “entypo-camera”.

I see the main reference in style.css.

• jeffw

said

Hi, stevenbrm.

You do that by setting the post format for the actual portfolio item. You can set the post format by editing the portfolio item, clicking the appropriate post format tab (above the post title box), and then updating the post.

For the Standard post format, in the Portfolio Details Settings metabox if you set Click Image Action to “Open item details page” the icon will be a greater-than symbol, if you set it to “Show media in lightbox” the icon will be a camera.

• stevenbrm

said

That worked. Thanks.

The only other issue I’m having with the Portfolio grid is figuring out how to make a Revolution Slider act as the preview image for a Portfolio entry. Thanks for the help.

• jeffw

said

Hi, stevenbrm.

For the Standard and Image post formats the thumbnail image for portfolio items will be created from the featured image set for the item. You can’t set a slideshow as a featured image.

For the Gallery post format the preview image will be a slideshow of the gallery images, for the Audio post format it’s an audio player, for the Video post format it will be a video player.

Please try to remember to start a new topic in this forum for each separate issue you have rather than tacking on unrelated questions to an existing topic. We find that separating each question into a separate topic keeps the information much clearer and easier to follow. It really helps other users to find information and it prevents threads from wandering down Tangent Lane. If you don’t mind, please always create a new topic for each separate issue that you have.

• stevenbrm

said

Thanks for the help. I’ll post different questions separately in the future.

• jeffw

said

Hi, stevenbrm.

Thanks. If it didn’t really helps other users to find information I wouldn’t make such a fuss about it. But over the past three years (i.e. the lifetime of this Help Center) we’ve learned just how important it is.

Viewing post 1 to 6 (6 total posts)
Topic tags: icon, portfolio