Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 4 weeks, 1 day ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)

Can you update the theme for me?

• mrmovieticket

said

Andy,

We’re not web developers, nor web designers and I’m not familiar with the process of using FTP, etc.
    Is there anyone who can perform the update for us, we will of course compensate them for their time. We’d prefer if someone on your team were able to do it, just in case there are any issues…that is if you guys can do this for us. :-)

In an earlier email to me, you mentioned asking someone on your team if they were interested in doing some customizing of the template for us, however, we never heard back from you. Any word yet?

Thanks!

• andy

said

I think I had posed the question, “would you like me to forward your request” in reference to contacting the support team to see if anyone was available for freelance work, but don’t recall hearing back. If you did replay and I missed it or have not gotten to the email yet I apologize. I’ve been receiving a LOT of email the last few days with the release of Vellum so I’m falling a bit behind on follow ups. I’ll take this as you’re reply and go ahead an ask them to reply directly to you for freelance work… OK, email sent. If someone is available they will contact you directly.

The use of FTP is a standard for websites. If you are working with WordPress it is going to be an important technology for you to learn. I can understand if you do not want to do this, I do recommend it.

There are alternatives you might want to try, like the “Envato WordPress Toolkit” created just for the purpose of doing automatic theme updates from your WordPess admin.

Envato WordPress Toolkit

Plugin information: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit
    Direct download link: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/archive/master.zip

You can install the plugin and according to the documentation, enter the License ID for your Vellum purchase and it should allow you to do automatic updates, and backups of the theme anytime a new version is released. I have not personally used this plugin so I can’t be more specific about it other than what I’ve read on the information page.

• jeffw

said

I just used the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin to successfully update from Vellum 1.0 to Vellum 1.0.1.

It basically just moves the existing Vellum folder into a ‘wp-content/envato-backups/’ folder, and then installs the new version of the theme from your ThemeForest downloads to your web server.

To install the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin, first download the plugin zip file to your computer (click on the “direct download link” Andy has posted), then go to Plugins > Add New, click on the Upload link, follow the on-screen instructions.

The plugin is very easy to use and the most difficult part of the procedure was finding my secret API key. To do that, login to your ThemeForest account and select Settings from your account drop-down menu. On the My Settings page, click on the API Keys tab in the Personal Information & Profile menu on the left. Enter a label name (such as “Vellum” for example) and then generate the API key. Then use your mouse to select the jumble of letters and numbers that is the API key, copy it and then, back in your WordPress admin, paste it into the plugin’s Secret API Key input box.

• jay888

said

Hi Jeff

This discussion was useful.

I got to the point of generating an API key.

How do I find the input box to put the Secret API Key in?

Apologies for the basic question – I am not a developer – trying to do my own site.

Thanks

Jay

• jeffw

said

Hi, Jay.

After installing and activating the Envato WordPress Toolkit, click on Envato Toolkit in your WordPress admin dashboard menu.

• jay888

said

Thanks.

However, I don’t see Envato Toolkit on the Dashboard.

Envato Wordpress Toolkit plug in is active in the plugin section

• jeffw

said

Hi, jay888.

When I activate the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin it adds an Envato Toolkit menu item to my dashboard menu, just above the Appearance menu item. If that isn’t happening for you then I have no idea at all why and I recommend that you contact the plugin developer for support or ask for help in the ThemeForest forum: http://themeforest.net/forums

Viewing post 1 to 8 (8 total posts)