Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 2 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)

Save & Publish button in Customizer throws HTTP 500

• shooper

said

Hi All….

Trying to make some changes to my Vellum theme in WordPress 4.0. When I click on the Save & Publish button, the changes would not stay as selected. Using Firebug, I can see that I’m getting a HTTP 500 error on the call to admin-ajax.php.

If I use the twentyfourteen theme, all works.
    If I disable all plugins, no change.

Any idea what in Vellum could be causing this? I am using a child theme if that makes a difference in your thoughts!

Thanks.

• jeffw

said

In the v4 release of WordPress they made changes to the way that Customize panel works, and currently it won’t work with the Vellum theme.

We have actually fixed this problem now and that fix will be part of the next theme update, which should be published quite soon but I don’t have an exact date. In the meantime, please don’t use the Customize panel, use the other settings pages instead. (The Customize panel is actually a bunch of settings repeated from other settings pages.) Most of the theme related settings are in Appearance > Theme Options, Appearance > Layout Manager and Settings > Blog Options.

Viewing post 1 to 3 (3 total posts)
Topic tags: customizer, http500