Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)

Sticky scroll

• getbold

said

Hello – For some reason, when I scroll the page gets stuck once I reach the bottom. I can see this being a good effect for some theme users, but it does not work for us. How do I turn this off on the pages of this theme?

Please see: http://s89.617.myftpupload.com/
    and scroll to the bottom and try to scroll back up.

Thank you for your help!

• jeffw

said

The behaviour you describe is not something the Vellum theme does.

I viewed your website @ http://s89.617.myftpupload.com/ on my iMac in Safari, Chrome and Firefox and I had no problems scrolling your home page back up after I had scrolled to the foot of the page.

In viewing your home page I noticed that it uses a scroll-linked positioning effect for its live chat functionality. If you continue to have this scrolling issue, try removing that live chat functionality to see if the problem then goes away.

• getbold

said

It was doing this WEEELLLL before we added the live chat feature. That was a recent addition. If you go to the homepage, scroll to the bottom of the page and then back up and then back down to the very bottom you will get stuck. Please try it again. This has been occurring on our pages since the installation of the theme. Please reinvestigate.

• getbold

said

Nevermind – I think I resolved my own issue.
    “Custom Scroll Bars” was checked which I believe is what was causing the issue. I changed it to nothing and I am not getting stuck anymore.
    See my screenshot for the location of setting:
    Theme Options > Global Settings > Site Settings > Smooth Scroll.
    https://prnt.sc/n1htyg

Does this sound like an accurate change to fix that issue?

• jeffw

said

As I said before, I viewed your website home page on my iMac in Safari, Chrome and Firefox and I had no problems scrolling your home page back up after I had scrolled to the foot of the page. Also, we have more than 5,000 customers for this theme, and no one else is reporting this problem. This is why I think the problem appears to be specific to your setup or usage.

Setting the Smooth Scrolling option to the blank option disables that functionality, and if that fixes your problem then I would hazard a guess that the JavaScript that adds this functionality is conflicting with some third-party JavaScript resulting in a JavaScript error that causes the problem you describe. If disabling this functionality fixes the problem then you’ve found a solution.

We’ll keep an eye on this and if we get more reports then we’ll look into it further.

Thanks.

Viewing post 1 to 5 (5 total posts)