Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 2 weeks, 5 days ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 15 (23 total posts)

Visual Composer v5.2 not working, I see shortcodes all over the site

• orbstein

said

I see short codes all over the site
    when i go to edit a post/page visual composer does not load properly
    Environment:
    Wordpress 4.8
    Vellum 1.7.15
    Visual Composer 5.2

please help!

• jeffw

said

We’ve not yet tested Vellum with Visual Composer v5.2.

If there are problems with that version you will need to roll back to Visual Composer v5.1.1, which is the version of Visual Composer that comes packaged with Vellum v1.7.15. (Delete Visual Composer v5.2 and then go to Settings > Plugin Installer to reinstall Visual Composer v5.1.1.)

We’ll test Vellum with Visual Composer v5.2 as soon as we are able to. If there are problems we will fix them and publish a theme update, again as soon as we are able to.

I’ll try to do a quick test with Visual Composer v5.2 later today. It’s been a while since a Visual Composer update caused problems with themes, so I am very surprised that you say the latest Visual Composer update is playing up. I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks.

P.S. If you see shortcodes all over the site, that sounds like the Visual Composer plugin isn’t activated.

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

I’ve quickly checked Vellum with Visual Composer v5.2, and immediately I can see that there are editor issues (backend and frontend) that we will need to get fixed. We will do that as quickly as we can and then publish a theme update, but in the meantime your only option is to roll back to Visual Composer v5.1.1.

The problem is with how we are adding our own HTML and styles to Visual Composer rows. That’s breaking in Visual Composer v5.2, resulting in the editors not working and also the [vc_row] shortcode not working. (That’s why you are seeing shortcodes all over the site.)

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

I think we have a fix for this problem.

Open the ‘extensions/plugin-installer/plugins/js_composer-custom.php‘ file and on line 375 or thereabouts you’ll see this block of code…

// Update 'vc_row' to include custom shortcode template and re-map shortcode
    if(version_compare(WPB_VC_VERSION, '4.9') >= 0) {
      vc_map_update( 'vc_row' , array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
      $sc['vc_row'] = vc_get_shortcode('vc_row');
    } else {
      $sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );      
    }
    //$sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
    // Remove default vc_row shortcode
    vc_remove_element('vc_row');
    // Remap shortcode, identical to original, but with custom template path
    vc_map($sc['vc_row']);

Change it to this…

// Update 'vc_row' to include custom shortcode template and re-map shortcode
    if(version_compare(WPB_VC_VERSION, '4.9') >= 0) {
      vc_map_update( 'vc_row' , array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
      $sc['vc_row'] = vc_get_shortcode('vc_row');
    } else {
      $sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );      
    }
    //$sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
    // Remove default vc_row shortcode
    //vc_remove_element('vc_row');
    // Remap shortcode, identical to original, but with custom template path
    //vc_map($sc['vc_row']);

Save and upload.

Please let me know if this helps.

• jeffw

said

How odd. It is working for me.

Are you 100% sere you have made the modification exactly as in my previous post?

• orbstein

said

i am getting the visual composer to load but i can’t do things like select the columns in a row and commit any changes.

• jeffw

said

Very odd.

Please email WordPress admin and FTP credentials to support@parallelus.net so that I can verify the issue.

IMPORTANT

Note that to verify the issue I will need to…
         (a) Deactivate all plugins except those required and recommended by the theme;
         (b) Reinstall a fresh copy of the theme.

Please make sure you backup your entire website, including its database, before sending us credentials. Thanks.

• orbstein

said

I have just emailed you the ftp credential. thank you for the support!

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

Thanks. But in order to verify the issue will need WordPress admin credentials as well as FTP credentials.

Please email WordPress admin credentials to support@parallelus.net and include in the email a reference to this topic so that we know what the email is in reference to.

Thanks.

• orbstein

said

I’ve provided the credentials via email. Please let me know the status of this important issue. Thanks.

• jeffw

said

@orbstein

In the email we received from you, you provided only FTP credentials.

In order to verify the issue will need WordPress admin credentials as well as FTP credentials.

So the status of this issue is that it is on hold until you send us WordPress admin credentials.

Please email WordPress admin credentials to support@parallelus.net and include in the email a reference to this topic so that we know what the email is in reference to.

IMPORTANT

Note that to verify the issue I will need to…
         (a) Deactivate all plugins except those required and recommended by the theme;
         (b) Reinstall a fresh copy of the theme.

Please make sure you backup your entire website, including its database, before sending us credentials.

Thanks.

• orbstein

said

Hi Jeff, what is the status of this support ticket. Visual Composer is still broken in Vellum. Please advise

• jeffw

said

The status of this issue is that it is on hold until you send us WordPress admin credentials.

Please refer to my previous post for further details.

Also, our development team tells me the FTP credentials you sent us do not work, so please check those credentials and send them again.

We think we have fixed the issue, but you said you applied the fix and it didn’t work. That’s why we need FTP and wpadmin credentials for your site.

Thanks.

• orbstein

said

i’ve replied with ftp and wordpress credendials via email

Viewing post 1 to 15 (23 total posts)