Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month, 2 weeks ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)

Visual Composer v4.0.x Update

• andy

said

I’ve been working with the new version of Visual Composer and have determined what is causing the issue with v4.0.x and making background images and parallax effects not work. It took a lot of testing, and it ended up being a good guess that led me to the solution. I probably saved at least 3 hours of back tracing functions only to determine it would never work again the way it did before. Anyway, below is the code you can change to fix this if you’ve already updated to VC 4.

Open the file “/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/plugins/js_composer-custom.php” and look for this code (around line 203)

// Update 'vc_row' to include custom shortcode template and re-map shortcode
      $sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
      wpb_map($sc['vc_row']); // re-map

You need to add a new line, immediately after this. Below you can see the

// Update 'vc_row' to include custom shortcode template and re-map shortcode
      $sc = vc_map_update( 'vc_row', array('html_template' => locate_template('templates/vc_templates/vc_row.php')) );
      vc_remove_element('vc_row'); // remove
      wpb_map($sc['vc_row']); // re-map

I’ve already started to prepare an update with these changes and the latest version of Visual Composer. I’m not sure if I’m going to release it tomorrow or wait until Thursday when a few more things are scheduled to be ready for release. I’m not a fan of doing multiple updates in the same week unless it is a critical bug fix so it’s most likely to be Thursday. If you absolutely need it sooner let me know and I can publish it ahead of time.

• terencemilbourn

said

@andy ~ thanks for putting in the effort. This theme keeps getting better and better.

Just in case anyone is confused, the “framework” folder @andy mentions is actually “/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/” not “/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/” on my installation, and I imagine, on yours too.

By the way, have you devised a way to add edge-to-edge and parallax backgrounds to rows you can share?

• jeffw

said

Hi, terencemilbourn.

I think you have misunderstood Andy’s instructions.

The file, and the path to that file, which Andy posted is correct, i.e. you need to make the modification to this file:

/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/plugins/js_composer-custom.php

The modification Andy posted is what you need to do in order to get the edge-to-edge row backgrounds (including parallalax backgrounds) to work again in Visual Composer 4.x.

• jeffw

said

I guess so. Unfortunately I don’t have a copy of Visual Composer 4.x so I can’t verify whether the modification Andy posted works or not. I’m sure Andy will see your comments and give us his thoughts.

Are you sure you got it right? Was you posted was perfectly understandable to me and I think you have made the modification to a file in the Runway framework folder instead of a fikle in the Vellum theme folder.

• jeffw

said

This file…

/wp-content/themes/parallelus-vellum/extensions/plugin-installer/plugins/js_composer-custom.php

Andy added an extraneous ‘framework’ folder – that’s actually a separate folder in the root of the theme folder.

(To save further confusion I have edited posts above to make the correction.)

• terencemilbourn

said

@jeffw ~ OK, yes that makes more sense to me. I’ll go check it out now.

P.S. I deleted my response as while I was editing it to try and make sense of the URLs (my confusion, I think) your two responses came in, which now make more sense than what I had edited my response to say.

Viewing post 1 to 7 (7 total posts)