Responsive WordPress Theme – Caliber

A theme with simple controls and limitless potential. Work fast and build an amazing website!   Find out more »

UpThemes – Beautiful WordPress Themes

Create a site your church, gallery, newspaper, blog, recipes, band and more!   See the themes »

Need a little help?  Find answers quickly by searching the forum.
Group Admins
  • jeffw
  • ljungi
  • maxleondalheimer
  • admin
Group Mods
  • malekovitch

Support for: Vellum – Responsive WordPress Theme

Vellum

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago
Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)

Wide column in the mobile view

• publikwerk

said

Hello,

we use the vellum theme for a website.
    Lately there is a problem with the mobile view. A wide column appears on the right side and the content of the web page will be moved to the left side.
    Unfortunately we have not yet found out how this column can be removed.
    Can you help us with that, please?
    Please let us know, if you need more details.
    Thank you very much.

• jeffw

said

Generally speaking, if you narrow a browser window and it adds a horizontal scrollbar, or if there is an apparently empty area on the right-hand side on a tablet or phone, then it means that there is some content on the page that is fixed width, i.e. content that is not responsive and so will not reduce its width as the browser window is made narrower.

This basic issue crops up again and again in our Help Center, and in 100% of cases the problem has turned out to be with the content, nothing at all to do with the Vellum theme or any plugin, just purely caused by the website designer adding content that is not responsive and is too wide to fit in the smartphone screen or into a narrow column. ;)

If you find yourself in this situation you will need to go through your page content looking for any element that doesn’t scale or reduce in width responsively.

If you can post a link to a live web page that displays the issue I’ll gladly take a look.

• claider2018

said

Hola buenas tardes, yo tengo el mismo problema con la plantilla, solo tengo como contenido un fondo, que en movil, no se adapta responsivo, y en el movil no se muestra bien el sitio web, como puedo quitar esa columna?
    el sitio web es http://www.claider.org.mx/, por favor me pueden ayudar.
    Gracias

• jeffw

said

@claider2018

I’m sorry, no one here speaks Spanish.

You have content on your home page that is fixed width. This is not a theme issue, this is purely an issue with the content that you have added to your home page.

For example, the carousel you have added under the “INSTALACIONES” heading is fixed width.

You must make sure that all content that you add is not fixed width, otherwise it will not scale responsively.

Viewing post 1 to 4 (4 total posts)